+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My husband and I aren't really that compatible at all. I think if we'd have both waited we may have found partners who were better suited to us, but we both wanted a family and were sick of waiting, so we settled for eachother. Sounds terrible I know, but we love eachother and have a beautiful little family. We may never have found Mr/Mrs right, and by the time we did it might have been too late for us to have children. No regrets here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was about to move to USA to marry a guy (not a good guy ..very lucky I didn't do this) ..when stuff happened I ended up just moving states here in oz..I met my man on my birthday a month after I moved....I think it was luck...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe in the theory that there are people out there that are completely 100% compatible with you but not that there is only THE one person. And just because there are 100% perfect partners out there, doesn't mean every single person will meet that partner. Or even if they do, that they will give that person a chance to reveal themselves as "the one". Too many variables get in the way.

But there are completely lovely partners out there that might be say 80 to 90% Mr or Ms Right and the chances of meeting them are much higher. Many of us, myself included, are with our 80 to 90% Mr/Ms Rights and are happy enough. So if you have your 100% "one", you're really very lucky but you know that don't you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't believe that finding a partner is the only way to live a happy, fulfilling like.

I believe that quite a large majority of humans are actually not suited to being in a long term relationship with one person for the majority of their adult life.

The concept of "marriage" and "life long partnership" developed in a time where it was necessary for a lot of reasons that don't apply any more - property ownership laws, establishing paternity, etc etc

Unfortunately, we are conditioned by society to think that this is the only way to live, when really there are many many other options that might suit you better. We are brought up with fairy tales, romantic comedies, soapies etc which make it seem like "falling in love with the one" is inevitable for everyone, and if you are patient and believe, one day it will happen to you and you will be blissfully happy ever after. Rubbish.

Personally, I do not expect, nor want, to meet someone I am "compatible" with and live with them for the rest of my life. I like having flings, but I get bored easily. The people I get along with best and am "compatible" with are my friends. Long term I do better on my own with lots of friends and family around me.

It has taken me 30 years to realise that just because other people want (or think they want) one person to share their life with, doesn't mean I have to be the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No. I don't know if I truly believe in "the One" or not. The romantic side of me that bawls like a baby when watching The Notebook or Romeo + Juliet does... but the part of me that scoffs at the idea of a god also scoffs at the idea of "the one" too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    No, I think there are lots of people out there that are potential partners for each other, not just one.
    This

***Sent from my phone***

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think there is definitely more than one The One lol, I think there are heaps... I think I have come across several in my life but for one reason or another something was wrong with the fit, the timing, circumstances...

The universe has to conspire in your favour and all that, the timing has to be right, you both have to be in the right place... like TeenyT said, there are too many variables.

Its just like there are lots of people out there that you could be friends with, or lots of jobs that you would be happy in, plenty of houses that would be perfect for you to live in...

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    I think there are probably several others in the world who you would be compatible with to such a degree you could spend your whole life with them. There might be thirty others in the world who you would be able to spend your days with and you'd feel content and like they were 'the one'. Not that they were the one person in the world that could've happened with, but because they were the one of the thirty you happened to come across first. I only think like this because I've met a few people that I was highly compatible with but for one reason or another they weren't the one who fit due to circumstances like they'd already found one of their thirty or something. (I'm just using thirty as an example.)
    That's why I think you can meet someone half way across the world on a holiday that you made at the last minute because you decided New York wasn't right this time of year and BAM you happen to meet the person you'll marry. For all you know back home at a similar time if you'd stayed you might have smashed into them in the supermarket with your trolley and discovered you buy the same stuff.

In my own case, if I'd left school when I originally wanted and gotten the exact same job that I got when I left a few months later, I probably would've met someone different and wound up with them. Instead, I met someone else I was compatible with those few months later. I ramble. I'm by myself a lot lol.
    This is what I was trying to say, totally agree with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't. I think there are people with varying levels of self esteem, confidence, energy levels and general likability . Those with little of the above find it near impossible..

I am in the middle level of all the above and find it impossible to meet ANY single men in my life let alone compatible ones.