+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Slow cooker help

I am getting the Breville "The flavour maker". I am not sure what size to get the 5L or 7L. (2 adults and 2 growing boys, under 3yr old ATM!)

Also a good recipe book to use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 6l one and I find it way too large for a family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids und 4)
    Unless you are a big fan of freezing meals, I'd go for a smaller one. I recently bought a tiny 2l one and it did enough for my family and small amount of leftovers.

Just depends on how much you eat, and store I guess. As the kids get bigger and start eating more, I'll probably use the bigger on more, but at the moment the smaller the better for me.

Addit: l get most of my recipes online from googling crock pot recipes!

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As long as you have the freezer space I would go with something a little bigger that way you can keep the left overs and have them another day. Best thing about slow cookers I think. I have a 5L and it is never enough to keep a decent amount of leftovers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are only 2 of us at the moment. But I have a 5L slow cooker too. I make a big batch of whatever and have enough left over for lunches for a day or two, plus two meals go into the freezer. Perfect! My freezer is stocked with tupperware containers with all these frozen meals in them. My theory is that when bubs comes, or when I'm too fat/tired/sick to care, all I have to do is cook some rice or pasta and we're set. I make sure I freeze enough for a meal with leftovers so that DP has enough to take for lunch the next day too. HTH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks, I have a large freezer, so plenty of room to freeze left overs. I guess it would be nice to pull something out of the freezer once I am back at work!

Also can you please recommend a good recipe book?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What kinda things do u cook in slow
    Cookers? I want one but have no idea what to use it for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing because I really want one, but have no idea what you cook in them!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a 6 or 7 litre one, can't remember which and I love it. But only used it once and cooked an osso bucco caserole and it was awesome. But also need more slow cooker ideas/recipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think mine is 3.5L one. It is more than enough for us (2 adults, 2 children) and that is with seconds and loads leftover for lunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Women's weekly have a great slow cooker book. It's the older one that came out a few years ago not the one that came out recently