+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default what's your daily routine like?

/Hi im intersted to find out what your daily routine is like with your 1-2 yr old? when do you find bub's is best to get out and about, hold play dates ect?

DD 15mths is generally a good little sleeper and is very good with a set routine. Ive just been following her cues and we have been sticking to the same routine for about the last 10mths.
    ATM she is dropping a sleep, i am trying out a (sort of) different routine to see what works. So far, this is usually what happens:

8am awake drink of milk
    9am breakfast then we go out/shopping/ do activites/play at home
    11.30am lunch
    12pm bed
    2/2.30 snack&milk play at home
    5-5.30pm dinner
    6pm bath/wash/pj's/story
    6.30-7pm milk then bed for the night.

This is so far working for us. But the one friend i do have who has a bub 6weeks younger is still on 2 naps and now our days just dont co-ordinate.
    DD is awake when her friend is napping and vice versa. Our play date's have come to a halt and i dont know how to work around this! It's sad because DD loves her little friend! Im hoping soon, she will catch up with DD and be on the same napping scheduals again?! Does it even happen this way?

I guess im just after reassurance as im not in a mother's group (they never worked out) and dont have many frinds my age with kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is busy transitioning to one day sleep so he's a bit all over the place. I still sorta go out whenever though, bar the first and last few hours of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we just go with the flow. Especially if we dont have to go out.
    Somedays she will do 2 naps and somedays just the one. Although i always try for two naps still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2yo son stopped.sleeping during the day from about 18months. Weve found that if he naps.during the day he wont go to bed until nearly 9pm. So its no nap times in ou house!
    We also just take the day as it comes with no set routine although now with a 4week old im sure ill find a routine to get in :-)
    I kniw how nap times get in the way. Our mother group used to meet at 10am and that used to be my sons nap time so it was always a challenege keeping him awake til we got there to play!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 18 month old DS is now on one big sleep instead of 2 , which is actually better!

8am - awake - breakfast- bath/shower
    9.30-12.00play date /visiting/park
    With morning tea thrown in
    12pm - lunch - usually out
    1.30- home for nap- smoothie
    4pm - afternoon tea
    4-6.30- play at home either inside or out
    6.30-7pm - dinner
    8-8.30pm - bed and 200ml formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Our 14 month old DD has been on one sleep per day since she was 12 months old. I actually prefer it because there are so tears at nap time. Our day usually looks like this

5.30 - 6am Wake
    6.30- 7 Breakfast
    9 Morning Tea (usually in car)
    Playgroup/shopping/park etc
    11 Lunch
    11.30 - 1 Nap
    1.30 Smoothie and fruit
    Play
    3.30 Afternoon tea and Play
    5.30 Bath
    6.00 Dinner
    7.00 Breastfeed and Bed

I am finding that it is better to go to afternoon playgroups or do my errands in the afternoon as she is not tired and cranky. She wakes so early that by 10am she is cranky and I have to try and keep her awake in the car so that she will sleep when we get home. Our friend is still on two naps a day too and we are finding it difficult to meet up too. I guess you just need to wait it out

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The routine for my almost 18 mo DD is:
    7 - wake up
    7-7.30 read in her cot
    7.30-8 breakfast and bottle
    8-9 'help me' clean house, get dressed and organized
    9-12 Morning activity like playgroup, rhymetime, toddler gym etc (we have something every morning). Morning tea during this time.
    12-2 Nap
    2-2.30 read in cot
    2.30-3 lunch
    3-5 park, shops, visit friends/family or play at home etc. Afternoon tea during this time.
    5-6 Play while I prepare dinner
    6-6.30 dinner
    6.30 - bath, bottle, book
    7 - bed

This is a flexible routine, so sometimes she'll only sleep 1.5 hours and on really good days she'll sleep 3 hours (although those are rare now!).

All the kiddies in DD's playgroup are on 1 nap and they have it around 11 or 12 but all kids are different - hopefully your bub's friend will get onto a similar routine soon.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we dont have a set routine, but we usually:
    8-9 up (except wed&thurs as we have playgroup/daycare from 9am so get up a bit earlier)
    breakfast
    10ish toddler gym/swim/park/kindermusic
    12-1ish lunch (either home or picnic
    around a 2hr nap
    afternoon tea
    park/swim/draw/craft etc
    7-8 dinner
    bath
    read story
    watch playschool
    boob
    9ish bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD is 21mths but has had this daily pattern since about 18mths.

6am up for day (usually woken)
    6.30 breakfast
    7-8.30/9 - help mummy with housework (other than tues/wed when its daycare)
    9-11 - activity either playgroup/library/toddler gym/groceries/visiting friends etc
    11 lunch
    11.30/12-1.30/2 - nap
    2pm afternoon snack
    2-4.30 - activity - park/shops/visit people (if we are out in the morning then we tend to be local in the afternoon or vice/versa) if at daycare home now
    5/5.30 Dinner
    6pm Yoghurt
    6.45 bath
    7.30 cuddle/bed by 8

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had routines, but now that DS2 has been diagnosed with diabetes, he needs one. He is one-year-old and the routine is:

7am - Wake up, test blood glucose, 2x insulin injections, breakfast.
    7.30-10am - Play time/visitors etc
    10/10.30am - Test blood glucose, morning tea, breastfeed, sleep.
    12/12.30pm (depending on how long he slept for) - Test blood glucose, insulin injection, lunch.
    1pm onwards - Playtime & stories OR if we need to we go to see the endocrinologist/dietician/diabetes health nurse/diabetes clinic
    3pm - Test blood glucose, afternoon tea
    6pm - Test blood glucose, 2x insulin injections, dinner, bath.
    7/7.30pm - Supper (new to us, but he needs a little something to eat at this hour), story, breastfeed, bed.

We have to test the blood glucose throughout the night as well and he has a breastfeed each time.

Later in the year we will include his little kinder classes in there, but they are on hold at the moment.