+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Lightbulb Baby shower food ideas!

My friend is putting together a baby shower for me, and I've told her I will take care of all the food (she's a little hard up and it's the least I can do).

I'm a bit stuck and would love some ideas from you creative people.

So far I have purchased some pink cupcake toppers with little baby feet and our babies name on them, and I will make pink cupcakes to put those on.

We're having a girl so I want a pink theme with food...but it doesn't have to be (savoury food obviously is tricky to get in pink).

Do any of you lovely ladies have any ideas (or better yet, photos) of cute baby shower foods?

It's going to be an afternoon tea, and there will be less than 20 people so I don't need a whole heap of food. Finger type food will be best.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    My sister did home made sausage rolls & mini quiches for my baby shower. We also had a cheese platter and dips.

Sweets were cupcakes & mini pastry cups (can get at woollies or Coles) filled with caramel & lemon (not mixed).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I threw my SIL one last year and went a bit overboard with pink food but everyone loved it! It was afternoon tea , we had:

-Vanilla cupcakes with pale pink butter cream icing with pink glitter dust
    - pink chocolate crackles ( made with white chocolate and pink food coloring)
    - sugar cookies in the shape of a baby bottle with pink icing
    - pink and white jelly beans
    - pink and white coconut ice
    - mini raspberry tarts
    - strawberries dipped in pink white chocolate
    - pink lemonade and pink champagne for the non pregnant people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for those ideas!

Elijahs Mum, I love all those pink ideas!! Thanks so much, I will definitely be making those items

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have a Coles nearby go and get their free recipe magazine this month. They have a mothers day special full of finger food and nibbles. There are mini banana caramel cakes, choc cupcake and ribbon gourmet sandwiches. If you cook your own roast chook you could do shredded chicken and mayo sandwiches (the recipe in the mag is a bit more gourmet!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh thanks Lolz, I love their free magazines! I'll try and get one today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    mini quiches (load up on tomato, capsicum and ham to make it pinkish) , Thai fish cakes (with red curry paste and capsicum to make it pinkish), scones with jam/cream,