+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can a pregnacy test ever be wrong?

Long story trying to make it very short!
    about 4 months ago i did a prenancy test cause i was 4 days late. came back negative. 2 weeks later got my period. although wasnt a normal period. then 3 weeks later did another 2 tests cause i just felt like something wrong was going on and thought better check and both came back negative. now im gettiing phantom baby kicks more frequently alomst every day and i was due for my period on the 5th. i have a DS who is 15 months old. so my question is. should i go to the doc and get a blood test or should i take another pregnacy test. im overweight so i cant tell if im getting a belly. i weigh myself daily and one day ill weight 110kg then the next day im 115kg. could it be gas? but then i dunno why im so late. me and my partner havent done anything in 4 months so i dont know what is going on!
    so has anyone not known they where pregnant? has anyone done pregnacy tests and they where wrong?? HELP!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Youngish87 For This Useful Post:

haylithan  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When i went to my GP with my test to see if the positive was maybe wrong he told me 'you can get fake negatives but not fake positives'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah it can be wrong. A friend of a friend had like 4 negative tests but was pregnant.

I'd take a pregnancy test again and then go to the doctor (but that's just me and I was a bit of POAS addict).

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmm maybe might have to just go see my GP even though im petrified of any GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.... I also have been ttc for 14 months,.... Still getting my periods... My belly is super hard tho, and I get phantom baby kicks like 4 times a week if not more..... I haven't been to doctor yet tho....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go to the doctor & get bloods done to make sure, sometimes pregnancy tests can be unreliable. Are your periods normally regular ? If anything, going to the doctor will give you peace of mind.

This hasn't happened to me personally but i know someone who was pregnant but didn't find out until they were 19 weeks as she was having regular 'periods' & getting negative HPT's (her husband & her were TTC) she only found out because she was so tired all the time & when they did blood tests & did a routine pregnancy blood test with it, it was positive so they sent her for a scan. Turns out her iron levels were low but her baby was born healthy at full term.

to you & i hope you get some answers soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Being an avid watcher of "I didn't know I was pregnant", YES you can get false negatives!! Go to the doctor before you end up having a baby in your toilet.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Boost  (14-05-2012),Peacock Pixie  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of my aunts was pregnant with number 5 and didn't know until she gave birth to him on the toilet

Sent from my GT-S5660 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go get a blood test. Wouldn't you rather know?

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    I would go to the doctor & get bloods done to make sure, sometimes pregnancy tests can be unreliable. Are your periods normally regular ? If anything, going to the doctor will give you peace of mind.
    Ever since my DS was born my period has been some what normal. i would get it every 2-3 weeks and would be either heavy or very light. latley its been heavy for a day then light for 3 days and it would be finnished.
    sorry if thats TMI for anyone.
    looks like ill just have to bite the bullet and get a blood test done. i have had blood test before obvisly but how long does it take to get results back?
    thank you all for your replies. your all very helpful