View Poll Results: Do you like tattoos on girls?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - love them!

30 44.78%
  • No - hate them!

16 23.88%
  • Some - if they are not visible

12 17.91%
  • Other

9 13.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love ink that has a story.

I really don't like it when people go into a shop and point at an image and say "Oh I like that one, I want that!". It's a pet peeve of mine. Why get something permanently etched onto your skin if it isn't personal and doesn't have a significant meaning?

I personally feel that ink should be art. It should be well thought out, contextual (for your own experience) and have a story that tells you something about the person you're looking at.
    I remember seeing a joke quote somewhere, can't remember where. But it was something along the lines of "Every time I see a person with a barbed-wire tattoo, it tells me they lost a fight with the 90's". That's pretty much how I feel about tribal tattoos, tramp stamps, barcodes, and angel wings.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I love them on both men and women and I have several myself. Meh they are just art on the skin. Those with tattoos are no more/less bogan, educated or decent than those without them.

I want a half sleeve in japanese, with maybe a koi and pretty flowers that go with the cherry blossoms on my ribs I really couldn't care less what others think.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    hehe the 70 comment always reminds me of this pictures
    http://teamfisticuffs.files.wordpres...ttooed-men.jpg
    I was going to say, "but what about the women?" but then realise that they can I'll probably be able to grow an epic beard too. That said, I've never been a bad-a*se. Never will be. Certainly not when I'm old. I plan to be a tut-tutting old biddy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    or those faux-trendy moustache-on-the-finger tattoos are..
    LOL what are the moustache-ont-the-finger tats?? link?
    Last edited by delirium; 14-05-2012 at 18:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tbh - no, can't stand them on females. But then I love them on guys... Sexist I know.
    If I was EVER going to get one (which I won't) it would have to be something special and symbolic

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkIsTheNewBlack For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...CNGSiAehs7TTCA

There you go Del! :P

Some people just draw them on, but others have tatts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...CNGSiAehs7TTCA

There you go Del! :P

Some people just draw them on, but others have tatts.
    lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Hells yeah! Check out some of the beauties here: http://pinterest.com/lillynix/tattoos/
    I love those tattoos!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I love ink that has a story.

I really don't like it when people go into a shop and point at an image and say "Oh I like that one, I want that!". It's a pet peeve of mine. Why get something permanently etched onto your skin if it isn't personal and doesn't have a significant meaning?

I personally feel that ink should be art. It should be well thought out, contextual (for your own experience) and have a story that tells you something about the person you're looking at.
    I remember seeing a joke quote somewhere, can't remember where. But it was something along the lines of "Every time I see a person with a barbed-wire tattoo, it tells me they lost a fight with the 90's". That's pretty much how I feel about tribal tattoos, tramp stamps, barcodes, and angel wings.
    i love tattoos that have a meaning too. think it is a way of reminding yourself of certain people, places, experiences and rites of passage.
    all mine reflect this - some people ask why i don't have more and the truth is i don't want 'fillers' - oh, that's a nice picture. i'll tattoo it on my skin....
    i like one offs, things that mean something only to the person who's skin it is on.