View Poll Results: Do you like tattoos on girls?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - love them!

30 44.78%
  • No - hate them!

16 23.88%
  • Some - if they are not visible

12 17.91%
  • Other

9 13.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have each side of my chest done and a half sleeve almost finished, my DD loves looking at them while she feeds.

I am NOT a bogan.

I HATE the assumption by some people that if I have a tattoo that I am somehow less intelligent, a criminal/drug addict or a bad Mother. All it says to me is that you are narrow minded and in fact ignorant.

I waited until I was 28 to have two fantastic internationally recognized artists work on me and I have no regrets.
    I am a very intelligent person who has held well respected jobs prior to the arrival of DD and I think I am a fantastic Mother.

I love when people ask me about them and show a genuine interest and I hope when they talk to me I can change peoples opinions about people with tattoos.

There is always good and bad in everything( and believe me there are some terrible tattoos ) but to judge everyone who has one is just silly
    Last edited by ScarlettLily; 14-05-2012 at 12:35.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ScarlettLily For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (26-08-2012),Blue&Pink  (14-05-2012),JJZK  (14-05-2012),missybubble  (14-05-2012),pinkplease3  (14-05-2012),~ElectricPink~  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I inwardly cringe every time I see one on a girl. I don't like them on blokes either, but I don't think it looks as cringeworthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like classy tattoos on men (like tribal type designs etc) but dislike all tattoos on women.
    Even 'nice' tattoos to me look like a dirty mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    Seeing as though I voiced my opinion in the 'Show us your tatts thread' about tattoos and it was unwarranted I thought I would start a spin off

Anonymous poll - Do you like tattoos on girls?

1. Yes - love them!
    2. Nope - hate them!
    3. Some tattoos - if they aren't visible
    4. Other - always got to have the other option!
    No full body ones, but a few here and there are ok. I want to get some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This thread is just giving people the OK to make nasty/judgemental comments I think....

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Blue&Pink  (14-05-2012),delirium  (14-05-2012),haveheart  (14-05-2012),missybubble  (14-05-2012),ScarlettLily  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love love LOVE them!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I said "other" rather than "Some" as I often wonder why you'd get a tattoo only to cover it up (unless of course, it's on area that needs to be covered!). Some tattoos on woman look lovely if they are well designed. I used to play netball with a maori woman that had the most beautiful & intricate tattoo around her bicep area - her and her husband chose to do this in place of wedding rings and it looked great. Another girl I know has tatts everywhere - full sleeves on both arms, all over her neck and back etc and it isn't pretty. Not because she has so many but rather the fact that most are badly designed or badly tattooed and I dread to think what they'll look like when she's fifty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope generally I don't like them.
    But it has nothing to do with me thinking someone is this or that because they have a tatoo.
    I just think its incredibly sexy when a woman doesn't have tatts.
    But that's just a little weird thing I have.
    I don't like tatts on guys either.
    But like I said I don't think any less of someone because they have a tatt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenyT View Post
    I said "other" rather than "Some" as I often wonder why you'd get a tattoo only to cover it up (unless of course, it's on area that needs to be covered!). Some tattoos on woman look lovely if they are well designed. I used to play netball with a maori woman that had the most beautiful & intricate tattoo around her bicep area - her and her husband chose to do this in place of wedding rings and it looked great. Another girl I know has tatts everywhere - full sleeves on both arms, all over her neck and back etc and it isn't pretty. Not because she has so many but rather the fact that most are badly designed or badly tattooed and I dread to think what they'll look like when she's fifty.
    I deliberately got ones on areas that would be covered up

My reasons were that they were for me, and I didn't need the world to see them. DH and DD can see them too now, though.

I never wanted to feel like I couldn't wear something because of them, and I wanted to choose who got to see them.

Career wise I could never have had any on show, as I work in quite a traditional professional environment, and I wanted to feel that I could wear an elegant dress without minding if a tattoo showed or not. (I'm not saying they don't look nice with an elegant dress - just that I didn't want ones that were on display all the time).

When I got them done my mother asked me to think of what they would look like when I was 80. I figure that when I'm 80 that will be the least of my problems! "Wow, everything about me looks so stunning... If only I didn't have those 2 wrinkly tattoos spoiling it all..." I think not...

ETA: And they were a rite of passage for me, at 18 and 21. I wouldn't get one now, as I don't feel the need to. However, I quite like that I can look at them and be reminded of that time when I was a little more rebellious/ spontaneous than I am now.
    Last edited by Guest654; 14-05-2012 at 13:16.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (14-05-2012),~ElectricPink~  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!
    Of course there are some bad designs or workmanship out there but in general, I love tatts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Laksa For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (14-05-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast