+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I kiss my kids on the cheek, forehead etc. I don't kiss them on the lips. I don't kiss my parents on the lips. It is gross and germy. My parents used to kiss my on the lips until I got old enough to turn my cheek.

We used to go to a church and one of the people there went by "greet the brethren with a holy kiss" and it was just gross. I remember thinking it was gross then.

My issue is a germ thing, not because I think it is sexual etc

When I worked in childcare I didn't want to be kissed by all the kids ewww. I would turn my cheek. For me it is purely about germs etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kiss DD on the lips. My mum is against it and told me off for it but shes my baby and I'll kiss her on the lips if I want. DH on the other hand does not and I dont care. He still showers her in kisses everywhere else on her face.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always kiss DD on the lips! So does my DP! I don't see anything wrong with it.

However my SIL did it once and it annoyed me like you wouldn't believe and DP actually had to ask her to not kiss her on or near the mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If the child wants to do it, then why does it matter?

FORCING a child to kiss you on the lips when they clearly don't want to is wrong and weird and creepy... but it's not if the child is happy to do it and it's not some big tonguey pash or anything (I mean, from their end it might be... lol... I've dealt with toddler kisses before... lol... but I mean it's wrong from the adult end).

I grew up in a family of lip-kissers. It was never pervy or wrong for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kiss my DS's on the lips for sure. It really annoys me when other people try to kiss them on the lips though, and I HATE it when other parents say to their little ones 'kiss (insert my name or DS's name) goodbye on the lips'. No thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I generally don't kiss my kids on there lips dd tryes to give myself dh my mum open mouth kisses on the lips

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are all different... DS1 is 15 now and I'll get a cheek kiss on special occasions lol
    DD always tends to kiss me and DH on the lips, which is fine.
    DS2 & DS3 who are 8 & 5, are not lip kissers. They always offer a cheek, forehead or top of head lol. They occasionally pucker up and then have a giggle when I kiss their lips.
    My SIL actually got offended once when my boys refused to kiss her on the lips (she's a huge lip kisser - everyone!) and I just said that's the way they are and it's a cheek or nothing. Well she said she wouldn't bother if they wouldn't give her a proper kiss! Whatever lol.
    I think it's up to everyone individually - adults and children.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My family were always lip kissers with our own kids until they were an age where they didn't want to. They'd just turn their cheek to you and that was the end of it. No pushing or "Why won't you give me a proper kiss?". But it always felt weird giving anyone but mum or dad a kiss on the lips. I didn't like it and it didn't feel natural because it felt like that was reserved for them only.

I'm the same with DS. I won't kiss other people's kids on the lips, and I don't like them kissing him on the lips either. If a little one of a friend gives me a kiss goodbye and it's on the lips I won't push them away, but I don't go for lips personally. If that's what happens I try to make it an ultra quick peck and then a big squeeze cuddle (and a demand to be good for mummy/daddy!).

I prefer to say to DS "Give xxxx a cuddle goodbye". Then they know what's appropriate too. It's hard when you're a friend or family member and don't have any cues as to what's an appropriate goodbye for them!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haven't yet read the other replies yet.. but.. that woman who wrote that article is "weird" and "creepy" for even thinking kissing your own child on the lips is weird and creepy!!
    DS is 12, both DH and I still kiss him on the lips... I've never even thought about it! I still smother him with kisses!! And I always will
    Should I shake his hand instead?

I will add, though.. I wouldn't encourage anyone else doing it to him.. and he's at the age now where he will discourage it himself. But being his mum, it's fine until he dodges me, haha..
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 14-05-2012 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS2 puckers his lips into the biggest smooshiest kisser - lip kiss for him.

DD puckers hers into a tiny barely there fish face - lip kiss for her.

DS1 plants soft pecks on cheeks and prefers them NOT on his lips.

I kiss every other part of their faces too though - foreheads, cheeks, tops of heads...
    Feet, hands, bellies.

Butterfly kisses and smoochie rasberries!

I'm happy for my kids to by in control of where they plant their kisses on people and how they receive them.
    It used to be a BIG deal growing up for me - my mum was a definite cheek kisser and totally discouraged lip smackers... I've gone the opposite way.

If I have a coldsore or am unwell kisses are off limits.