+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I kiss both my kids on the lips and never really thought twice about it. I will also kiss my mum, dad, nan and pop on the lips but the rest of my family get cheek kisses. I've never really thought about why this is but its just the way it has always been. My husband on the other hand doesn't kiss any one but me on the lips, including our kids. He was brought up that you only kiss on the cheek so does what he is comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I kiss my DD on the lips, DS is a bit old now and would prefer a hug.

I'm ok lip kissing my own kids, but prefer not to kiss other people's kids and I wouldn't make mine kiss someone else just because.
    Last edited by Stiflers Mom; 14-05-2012 at 10:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I kiss DS on the lips when he wants a kiss.

He also kisses his nanny, my sister and his daycare mum when he wants one.

Im not sure what his fathers side do. My dad wont give/receive kisses and opt for a highfive, thumbs up or a little cuddle and my brother would just get them on the cheek

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that its a parents right to choose either way to kiss there kids.

We grew up in a kiss on the cheek, even with our parents. We have a massive family and it can get so annoying saying good bye as everyone wants to give you a kiss on the cheek lol.

I kiss DD on the cheek, top of head and sometimes on the lips. I am trying to teach her to learn to kiss and she thinks its funny when I give her a kiss then pull away quickly and go 'mwaaah'. To her its a game. As she gets older I'll teach her about a kiss on the cheek.

DP kisses DD on the forehead. Thats his thing.

We have a few family members who like to kiss on the lips but I just turn my head as I don't like it and I'll teach DD to turn her head, so she gets kissed on the cheek.

The only people I don't care if they lip kiss DD is my Nan and Granddad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always kiss my ds's on the lips. For ds and I to kiss the boys on the lips is fine, anyone else can kiss them on the cheek. Same applies for ds when he wants to kiss someone, unless it's Dh or I he kisses them on the cheek. Not that we have ever enforced it, it's just the way it has worked out which is great.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 14-05-2012 at 10:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't kiss DD on the lips, but she often does me - and that's fine.

The only reason I don't is that it's not something I 'naturally' do - no more thought goes into it than that. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I'd probably discourage others from kissing her on the lips because of the germ/ cold sore thing, but having said that I don't know anyone who does do that - so it's a bit of a non issue.

Each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We kiss my 4 year old on the lips always have.. Though now he's getting older he's decided he doesn't like kisses and would rather kiss cheeks.. So we kiss on cheeks now :-)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Yes.

The boys I nanny for kiss me on the lips. Their parents don't care either.. in fact, they encourage them to give me a kiss before I go home, and it's always a big, sloppy open mouthed kiss. If they don't want to, they're not forced to.
    yeah a family I nanny for encourage the kids to Kiss me goodbye etc too they are a European family so is the norm doesn't bother me if they are happy to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I kiss the kids on the lips, I don't really have a choice, I have a toddler coming at me full pelt demanding a kiiissssss! They also blow kisses which from the 15 month in particular is just adorable.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont encourage but i dont discourage.