+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS kisses DH and I on the lips- and often slips the tongue!

His nana is the only other person he will kiss, so Im not fussed. If he was more of a kisser/cuddler to everyone else I might think more about it but he's pretty shy ATM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes- my husband and I and older siblings, cousins, aunties, uncles, grandparents.... We all kiss on the lips. I tell my kids to ask other parents before kissing babies on the lips tho as I know some people are funny about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I do whatever comes naturally to me with my children - as does my husband. I wouldn't think twice about my mum or dad doing it either but probably wouldn't be keen on my sister or the inlaws side as they all smoke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Wow... I think the comment from one persons post (in the article) about it being about the relationship is how I feel about it.

My daughter is 2 months (37w corrected) and has started pouting her teeny tiny lips... We (my husband and I) kiss her on the lips.

My godson (almost 4) kiss on the lips and my youngest cousin I also kiss on the lips. I don't kiss my step-daughter though as it just doesn't feel like a natural thing for me as I didn't know her as a baby...

My other cousins we kiss on the cheek but use to do it on the lips when they were little and I think it's just a natural progression.

I'm really wanting to ask the other mums in the NICU ward what they think lol... Might have to sneak my lil kisses in but then that would be creepy and weird haha!
    Wow, Elle! I can't believe your daughter is 2 months old already. Glad to hear she is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. And so does his father. The only other people he will kiss are my sister and BIL, and my mother, and all with a big, open mouth.
    I imagine that at some point, he will think me kissing him on the lips is annoying/gross/weird, but I will keep doing it until he asks me not to. As Stumbleine said - it just comes naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I kissed my family on the lips when I was little and also kiss my little one of the lips. I wouldn't think it was weird for him to kiss close family on the lips (grandparents, aunties, uncles, etc). It's just a normal thing for us I guess..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read the article but DS kisses DH and I on the lips, usually sloppy open mouth lol. He will sometimes kisses other people in our family on the lips too. I would never, neverb force him to kiss or hug anyone. Family all know that they have to ask him if he would like a kiss or cuddle and it's up to him of he wants to or not.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't kiss either of my Dds on the lips when they were little babies - germ factor.

I started kissing dd1on the lips when she wad old enough to want to kiss me on the lips. I let her lead it. I'll do the same with DD2. For right now, it's just lots of kisses everywhere else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes VonZ... 8.5 weeks and 2.2kg haha!

Wanting her to feed ASAP so we can go home this week. *fingers crossed*

Hope your pg is going well... Not long now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I agree with you OP, too many people are becoming confused with what sex actually is.

I used to kiss DS on the lips but not so much since he started child care and school. He's a big germ factory and in child care I wanted to teach him kissing on the cheek so if he felt so inclined to kiss another child he'd do it on their cheek to avoid the latest outbreak of *whatever*.

Holding hands, kissing, hugging, cuddling in bed...all normal things that normal parents do with children. People need to settle and watch what they say.

Don't want to kiss your kids on the lips? Don't do it. Doesn't make others creepy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

nicoletta  (14-05-2012)