+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Kissing kids on the lips - yes or no?

I was a bit shocked by this - that this woman considers it "weird", "creepy" and "too close" for parents and their kids to kiss on the lips.

http://blogs.news.com.au/naughtycorn...ips_yes_or_no/

I have to agree with some of the comments already left on the blog that nowadays everything is being totally over sexualised. I remember kissing both my parents on the lips and my son loves giving kisses to DF and I - both on the lips and there is nothing weird or creepy about it. It's adorable!

So what do you think? Kisses on the lips from parents - yes or no?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mods could we add a poll? Just a simple yes/no

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes.

The boys I nanny for kiss me on the lips. Their parents don't care either.. in fact, they encourage them to give me a kiss before I go home, and it's always a big, sloppy open mouthed kiss. If they don't want to, they're not forced to.
    Last edited by rainbow road; 14-05-2012 at 09:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always kiss my daughter on the lips! I'd have a good go at anyone that called me weird or creepy for it! I grew up giving mum and dad a kiss and saying I love you before bed and that was normal? Some of the comments mention relatives and family friends - I HATED Kissing them as a kid, and never felt comfortable doing it, so we don't force it upon DD, but she'll always be able to give mama and dad a kiss on the lips! I feel sorry for the little boy in the article, having his mum constantly deny his innocent affection and acting as if its wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was told when my daughter was 4 weeks old NOT to kiss her on the lips, as it's the quickest way to introduce bacteria. Saying that, my daughter was in hospital for heart surgery, so that could have been why, but it makes sense.

She's now almost 6 and i kiss her on the lips

Thanks
    Reviews
    No.

If others want to do it with their children that's fine. But it's not something any of my family has ever done and it's certainly not something I would do with my own children.

If anyone tried to kiss my kids on the lips I would not be impressed and would let them know it's not on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me and DH kiss DD on the lips. I wouldn't be happy with anyone else though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, I get my kids to kiss on the cheeks and when others go for lips I pull them up. Stems from cold sore virus' for me. I don't think its gross or weird or anything, but I just rather my kids don't. I also don't encourage them to kiss relatives, its something they can choose to do. I hated doing it and having it done by aunts and uncles when I was kid.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes
    I kiss my kids on the lips. I'm only comfortable with them kissing close family on the lips and I also never kissed them on the lips when they were tiny as the health nurse said it was a bad idea as their ammune system is immature.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow... I think the comment from one persons post (in the article) about it being about the relationship is how I feel about it.

My daughter is 2 months (37w corrected) and has started pouting her teeny tiny lips... We (my husband and I) kiss her on the lips.

My godson (almost 4) kiss on the lips and my youngest cousin I also kiss on the lips. I don't kiss my step-daughter though as it just doesn't feel like a natural thing for me as I didn't know her as a baby...

My other cousins we kiss on the cheek but use to do it on the lips when they were little and I think it's just a natural progression.

I'm really wanting to ask the other mums in the NICU ward what they think lol... Might have to sneak my lil kisses in but then that would be creepy and weird haha!