+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    #3,4, and 5 have always just gotten easier. The age gap between the first 3 is 2 years, then a 5 year gap to #4 and then a 5 year gap to #5 all been pretty easy I think mainly because with the first 1 or 2 you tend to worry about a lot more then after you have experience things tend to be easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You only have two hands, only two knees, etc. So it does add an extra element to juggling children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found #3 an easy and perfect baby but what I struggled with the first 1-2 months was the juggle of three kids. Learning to meet everyone's needs and prioritize. Being organized helped. I'm thinking about a 4th now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, I went for number 2 and got number 3 for free LOL.

So, it's different for me. DD1 was 4.5yrs old when they were born.

With 3 when they are younger you may have 1 feeling left out for whatever reason but it was never the same 1 whenever that happened. DD1 & DD2 both have a love of gymnastics and have that in common but DD1 & DD3 are more similar in personalities.

They all get along pretty well now and tend to look after each other.

We didn't go for a new car when we had DD2 & DD3. We did have to work out the best combination of car seats though as our car wasn't very big. Then when they were 4yrs we did end up getting a bigger car so we could fit other people in our car at times. But our car is older now and we will be going back to a smaller car soon.

eta: No jealousy from anyone but with #2 & #3 being twins I don't blame them especially in the early years. LOL But then again quite a few people I know have more. One close friend has 2 while another has 3 girls as well. DD1 has a close friend who is one of 5.
    Last edited by Dannielle; 14-05-2012 at 13:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never heard anyone say they wish they had stopped at 2. That's kinda sad.

Number 3 was easy for me I think since you already know what your doing and what to expect what's one more. I have 4 kids and having the 4th makes things hard with buying cars and accommodation when on holidays but I wouldn't swap her for the world.

When I had my 4th older ladies, even some of the midwives would ask what number baby she was for me. When I said number 4 they would say oh I wish I had gone onto have #3 or #4.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love the #3 it's perfect for me no more no less I'm done I agree with a PP who said #3 is so easy because you know just what to do, what works and what doesn't I wish I knew everything I knew everything I know now when I had #1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have 3 and probably never will (due to health reasons), but most people I speak to with 3 or more children say that #3 just slots into the family without much fuss most of the time. They have no choice really, cause family life must go on. Yes, the first few months the juggling might be a little tricky, but then 3 is not much more work than 2. Most people I speak to do not remotely regret going back for #3 or #4, most people regret NOT having more children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    I never heard anyone say they wish they had stopped at 2. That's kinda sad.

Number 3 was easy for me I think since you already know what your doing and what to expect what's one more. I have 4 kids and having the 4th makes things hard with buying cars and accommodation when on holidays but I wouldn't swap her for the world.

When I had my 4th older ladies, even some of the midwives would ask what number baby she was for me. When I said number 4 they would say oh I wish I had gone onto have #3 or #4.
    Yeah it is kinda sad. I don't think they regret the child per say, I don't know anyone that cruel and heartless, more the financial impact and what not (from what I can figure)

Thanks girls. I guess I just needed to hear that even when looking at #3 or #4 the pain is still worth going back for

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just had #4, and I don't think #3 or #4 were any harder than #2. obviously with number four we needed a bigger car but otherwise adding kids after the first one wasn't a massive change. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Adding number 3 in to the family was extremely difficult for me. He was not an easy baby, he required constant care and attention, wouldn't sleep when out, I had a 26 month old and an almost 4 year old to attend to and DH went back to working 12 hr plus days when no. 3 was 2 weeks old. DD1 was in care one day a week and DD2 wasn't in care at all. I would be up until 11pm at night just trying to wash dinner dishes and it would take 3 hours to get ready in the morning.
    I found 2 under 2 a breeze, but 2-3 was extremely challenging for the first 10 months. Then it got easier for a couple of months and then DS obviously decided that being 'easy' was too boring and he was a handful until he turned two and he started to calm down again (things like he worked out child locks, and baby gates, he refused to stay in bed, he gave up day naps at 18 months...he'd wake up in the middle of the night to play with toys, he'd climb the drawers to get up on the kitchen bench etc. etc.) I'm sure that the amount of family support and the personality of the baby makes a huge difference. If I had a husband who walked in the door at 5.30pm every day and was here to help out with the night time stuff then it would have been much easier. Or if I had a baby who was content to entertain himself for more than 5 minutes to I could get necessary things done it would have been much easier but it wasn't that way for me at all and so, it was hard.

My kids are now 6, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 and it is easier (although still harder than two, cause there's a whole extra person to look after and watch out for) and I'm glad that I have three kids because they have lots of fun together but we made sure there'd never be a fourth

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

pinkplease3  (17-05-2012)