+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 was born at 38+4 and DD2 was born at 37+4. Before having DD1 I had numerous false alarms and the one time I'm actually in labour I didn't think I was lol. I has no signs it would happen until I woke up with period cramps and within half an hot my contractions were 2 minutes apart. DD2 I had a tiny bit of blood at 4am but no pain and no discharge (blood looked like it was in my urine). At 11am I stated having pain that felt like I was being ripped apart so I walked to the hospital and 45 minutes later she was born.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD1 - 41+4. No signs leading up to it at all. Was hospital to be induced, had been given some gel to soften my cervix in preparation for induction in the morning. Felt cramps soon after and they got more painful so midwife checked me and i was in labour, bub was born a couple hours later.
    DD2 - 41+2. No lead up, i just woke up in labour in the middle of the night. I knew it was labour as teh contractions were very strong and close together (i don't seem to have a lead up i just start strong and have fast labours).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was born at 39 + 1 with no apparent indication that he was on his way until labour started.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happykat For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    40+6 induced, but labour had started but had a bleed so they kept me in for monitoring and induced me. I was having sporadic contractions nightly for about a week before the real ones began.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaxo For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD was 41 weeks spontaneous. I started having pains early in the morning (2:30am). I tried moving positions to see whether the pain stayed or not because sometimes when I was sleeping the way DD was lying would hurt. The pain didn't disappear so I got up and started timing them and found they were coming reasonably regularly - every 12 minutes or so. No real signs of labour before then. I think I had a little bit of the mucous plug go at 40+2 and now I think of it I had some pain at 40 weeks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS - 41+2 - prelabor started at 41 with regular contractions 5mins apart lasting 1 min but not getting stronger or super intense. His labor was 15hrs with 4hrs pushing ending in an emergency cs

DD - 40+5 labor started the same as DS with regular contractions quite intense but could still talk through most of them. Had her the same day after 7.5 hr labor and 1hr pushing. Successful VBAC

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bel0v3d For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    I am 4 days away from my due date & have never gone into natural labor before (i was induced at 35 weeks with DD1 & at 39 weeks with DD2) this is also the longest i've been pregnant. I know that it could happen any day now or 2 weeks from now

Just wondering when your bub was born (gest age) & what signs you had leading up to going into labor ? I'm actually a bit scared i won't be able to tell it's real labor & she will be born at home lol I've already had 2 false alarms which i thought was the real deal. I was checked last friday & they said cervix is soft.

Thanks ladies
    Oh wow! how exciting for you!
    For me, i thought i was loosig my mucous plug at around 36 weeks - i saw it in toilet etc.
    I was really looking out for labour signs, TMI - diareah 38weeks, period like pains, braxton hicks going like crazy!
    I had a 40 week check up with my ob and turns out she was breech! She would have turned at about the 37 week mark and abviously couldnt get back lol!
    She was born a day before her EDD however my placenta was deminished, she was not getting anything from me in those final weeks. I have a feeling my dates were incorrect. Still to this day believe she should have been born when i was 36weeks (i believe she was full term then) but the doctors know best dont they

Goodluck with your pregnancy!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nice piece of crumpet For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    36+6. I felt totally normal that day, out shopping, lost mucous plug in the arvo, then just knew it would happen very soon. Waters broke (in bed!) at around 11pm that day, started contracting, she was born next morning 11.30 am by c/s.
    Good luck!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    39+6 with no signs until my waters broke. I never had braxton hicks that I noticed, no mucus plug and no false labour. I didn't even have any contractions until they started the induction (at my request because I didn't want to go back home! )

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakorsha For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went into spontaneous labour on the morning I was booked to be induced at 41w. I had restless sleep for 4 nights prior, the day before my hind waters broke slightly (just a trickle!) and intensifying Braxton Hicks! Good luck

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MyLittleLilacTree For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)