+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Labour started spontaneously at 39+6. I was worried I wouldn't recognise labour but you just kind of know when it happens! It felt like braxton hicks but a little painful so I started thinking this was it. Through the night they were becoming regular but not overly painful. It just slowly got more painful and more frequent. After 30+ hours of this caper DD arrived with the help of forceps (she started going into distress when she descended as the cord was around her neck a couple of times). My water didn't break until a couple of hours before she was born and I was well and truly in established labour.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks

I'm assuming that a 'soft cervix' means that everything's getting ready to go ? this is my 3rd bub so i really should know this lol bub has dropped down as well, feels great being able to breathe properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felt weird all day, waters broke at 9pm, first contraction 2 hours after waters broke and DS born 6 hours later at 39+5.

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    41+2 and I was having mild contractions for 5 days every night before then waters broke at 11pm and baby was born at 8am!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First - 39+4 (I think) I did feel really crap all day, but I'd read about Braxton Hicks and assumed it was that. Even when it hit 9pm and I was in AGONY after spending the whole afternoon in a warm bath - didn't click. It was my mum that told me to get my butt to the hospital at midnight when I couldn't sleep and I was just in my bed groaning along with horrible contractions. Some time throughout the day I'd dilated to 6cms so got to the hospital and was in good full labour. It was my first and I was 19 and I had no idea what to expect.

Second - 39+6 (I think) I knew because of what had happened the first time the difference between a Braxton Hick and a real contraction. So when they started to become pretty intense I went to the hospital. It still took a whole day as labour stalled.

The best way I could describe it was that I felt light under my ribs and really heavy on my pelvic area. It was the strangest sensation but it was a totally different thing that only happened to me both times a few hours before I was in labour.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    40+5 - Contractions started at 3am.. By 9pm only 4cm dilated and they realised bub was breech. Waters broke at 10pm delivered by emergency c-section at 11.41pm.

I always had this fear that I wouldn't realise I was in labour.. I didn't lose my plug and I also didn't really have any BH but I definitely knew when I started having contractions.. The only way I can describe it was a mix of period pain and a Chinese burn lol!

It broke my heart that I couldn't go naturally (especially after 20 hours of labour :-/ ) but bubs safety was more important and everything works out fine!

Best of luck with everything and I wish you a quick drama free birth :-)
    Last edited by CharlieBug; 14-05-2012 at 10:08.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieBug For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    38 weeks, spontaneous labour. Waters broke first and then instant contractions.
    2.5 hours later DS was born.
    I had no pain leading up my waters breaking but i could feel DS low down in position and it was getting hard to walk that day.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    induced at 40+10... delivered 40+12.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD, lost mucous plug at 39 +3, started having contractions that night. She was born at 2:59am at 40 weeks.

DS was much less patient. Had an internal examination at 1:30pm at 40 weeks. Contractions started at 2:00pm. He was born at 8:27pm at 40 weeks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Induced at 40+9. Had prelabour contractions at 39, 40 and 40+3 weeks. Each time contractions lasted approx 8 hours and then stopped. I ended up being 5cm dilated by the time I was induced though.

Good luck

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MissRose1 For This Useful Post:

loumia  (14-05-2012)