+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DD is 8 months old and my stomach still looks like I'm pregnant

I only have 1 child and she is 8 months old now. I'm feeling rather depressed about my figure, as not only have I kept 15kgs of the 23 I put on, I also have a stomach which looks like I'm pregnant and some people even ask me if I am pregnant again.

I don't mind the weight gain so much and I'm trying to eat healthy and exercise, although have been a bit slack in that area since Easter.

I can't find clothes that fit now as my stomach is emphasised and my boobs are smaller than stomach (even though they have increased in size but I was always on the small side). Everything looks bad. Not only that it is impossible to find clothes that I can breastfeed in easily.

Apparently you are supposed to lose weight and the tummy with BF but not so with me. Has anyone lost weight after BFing? as someone told me that was the case with them.

Any tips on getting rid of the tummy, especially from people with personal experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As for the weight loss while breast feeding..I could never do it. My Bubs were so hungry and i produced so much milk that if i dieted (cut down the portions) my supply would suffer. It was just too hard. It wasnt until i weaned my bubs (around 6 months) that i was able to work on the weight loss. Sorry
    My advice to you would be to maybe talk to a dietican, they could give you some good tips.
    As for the 'pregnant' belly, im not sure but that doesnt sem right to me. It took a few days only for mine to go away. Maybe talk to your health nurse or doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Me either Do you think you could possibly have diastasis recti?
    I was going to ask the same question. My youngest is 2 but i have quite bad separated stomach muscles so my belly often looks bloated and i do look pregnant. I am not carrying much weight there though at all, it is just the muscle that makes my belly look the way it does.
    If this the case for you too physio can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    how pregnant do you look? I never lost that baby tummy bulge with DD... but the most I looked was 3-4mths pg. I did lose all but 3kg of baby weight before I got pregnant again. This was through bf/diet/exercise. Not crazy dieting but good eating/gym 3 times a week and general busyness. I gained 17kg with DD but I was not slim to begin with.

if you are looking 6+mths pregnant then I'd suggest you see a physio about separated abdo muscles. Also it may take you longer/weaning for the weight to drop. each person is very different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Could you be pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, no pregnant.

Haven't checked for diastasis recti recently but pretty sure not that.

I'd say I probably look 4-5 months pregnant.

I'd say it's all the after dinner snacks I eat that don't help and I'm trying to cut back but I also get hungry.

Started walking again and am going to cut out carbs.

I think if you're younger, your stomach can return to normal a lot quicker. However I am over 30 so it takes a bit more effort.

I thought there would be more women in a similar situation. I need to know I'm not the only one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Defiantly not alone snowdrop.

I lost weight while breast feeding in the first few months then started gaining again.

I put on 28kg with my pregnancy (twins) and now, 2 years later, I have just finished loosing it.

Gym 3 times a week + resistance training + healthy eatting.

I did find it easier to diet after I stopped BF as I wasn't so hungry anymore.