+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any other uni SAHMs

Hi just wanting some help from other SAHMs who are also doing study.

Its coming up to exam time and Im finding it really hard to get all the study done with bub running around all the time and dh working long hours atm its really starting to get to me. How do you cope with stress at this time of year and also still give your bub one on one time.

I just cant seem to cope right now we were having bub #2 but lost bub at 13 weeks so its not been the best year and I just cant seem to get back into the swing of things.

Any help on how to block out things and deal with them at another time and just get what needs to be done over with at the same time as being a mum and wife would really help right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only advice I can give you is if you need to, remember you can always apply to defer your exams, this will sometimes give you 2-4 wks extra time to prepare for it. I understand how hard it can be at times, especially when you have so many other things going on. The other thing you can do if finding it all too much is withdraw from the subject with special consideration. This will mean that since it is after the census date, you can get approval to withdraw and have the fees for this subject removed. Before you withdraw thou, you need to seriously consider what is best for you as it can affect your next semester and therefore could possibly take you an extra 6 months to a yr longer to finish. I hope how ever you do it, it all works out well for you. Oh and one more thing, if you sit your exam and feel you weren't ready for it, immediately put in a special consideration form and that way if you fail the exam you could be granted a re-sit of it, but if you pass then at least you had submitted the special consideration form for a second chance just incase you needed it. Good luck with your studies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got 4 kids aged 4 and under now and it's a circus all day everyday, lol. When I need to study, I try and set a limit of an hour and 2 when dh is home per day. Just before I start, I take the oldest 3 into their room and bring out the toys and DVDs while my 4 mnth old stays with me or I find great time to study when they're napping even after they go to bed for the night. I know it can get pretty hectic but I guess just take advantage of anyone offering to help out or find those random moments of peace and make the most of it. Good luck with your exams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both for replying, I did think about withdraw from the subject that is giving me the most stress with special consideration but its just going to put way more time then I want on to it. I do most of the house work when bub and hubby are in bed so I will start using nap time for study that gives me 2hours in the day I guess I just wanted to see that other mums can do it.

Im the only mum in the group that I sit with and they just dont get why I find it hard right now. This being the first time as a mum im sitting exams last year it was all so easy, so thank you for giving me some advice it has givin me hope that when when we do get another bub Ill know how to deal with it the stress of it all much better then this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your welcome. I know at first it's a little stressful but not impossible. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your exams dear. I have a similar situation to yours. Reading the replies really helps with the confidence. Take care and all the best. xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to manoora For This Useful Post:

mamma2rubypie  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Im happy this has helped another mummy out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My kids go to bed at 7pm so I make sure I'm organised so that I'm sitting down at 7.30pm at latest and study for 2-3 hours before bed.
    On the rare occasions that my 2 year old naps my older two (4 and 6) are told to play by themselves or I put a movie on etc. and study.
    The house stuff gets done when they're awake...sleep time is study time.
    I go to the uni library for a day on the weekend, or both days when it's a busy time and get study done there. DH can entertain the kids.
    I also enlist help from other family members/friends so I get good blocks of kid free study time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe you are asking a lot of yourself to continue studying whilst grieving for your bub. Which I guess never stops, but theres nothing wrong with giving yourself sometime to deal with stuff. On the other hand maybe its a good distraction and something positive to focus on.

I am also studying at home with 3 under 5, teaching my oldest on School of the Air. Not to mention the other jobs that come with living on a property,but I still feel like I can do this study. Am doing only one unit though, lol.

Be kind to yourself is what I'm trying to say.......