View Poll Results: Is Your Partner Responsible For Your Mothers Day?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 77.63%
  • No

17 22.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I voted no.
    Now I happened to receive a gorgeous card, a small gift and a fist full of garden flowers, but I certainly don't expect it.
    I guess I don't expect it because dh will often say the simplest things that lets me know he appreciates me plenty. That's enough for me.
    I'm also pretty happy with the cuddles, I love you's, artwork & kisses I get from my little ones on any given day. For me, that's more than enough.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTamsandTea For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to expect it, up until a few days ago. I just kind of realized that it's not about the gifts etc, and that I'd rather DF appreciate me every day rather than on just one isolated day. Which he does do.
    I was happy to not receive anything from him today, I certainly didn't expect it but it turns out he got me something really thoughtful. And in a small way, I feel guilty that he did (more so for the small tantrums I have thrown regarding him not getting me gifts enough ), but I certainly appreciate it. What really made my day was knowing I have two smart, gorgeous, loving daughters and a partner that would do anything for me and our two girls. He already does so much for us already. I love being a mum! I love being his partner! I love that this is my life!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH does make mothers day special for me, but Id be just as happy with a simple cuddle from DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Couldn't be more wrong. It's not even about gifts. I had a sleep in, breakfast made for me and dinner made for me. I spent the day relaxing on the lounge. It's my DP and my DS's way of showing me that they appreciate everything I do for them and it's one of the few days of the year where I have to do absolutely NOTHING!

I do the same for my DP on father's day....but I'm sure you don't take issue with that​.
    Um, I think it's fathers day everyday in that house

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Benji  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My kids are 1 and 2, so they have no clue about Mothers Day. So yes it's on DH to arrange something for me on their behalf. A sleep in, that's something the kids can't do of their own accord, was what I wanted and got. Especially after the shocking nights sleep the night before. A trip to the gym while he watched the kids. He took our eldest to the markets to get me a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine while I slept and taught her to say "Happy Mothers Day" which came out "Happy Day Mummy" which was oh so cute.

I don't expect anything elaborate or fancy, just to feel appreciated and my hard work as a mum acknowledged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would say yes, because he knows me and knows that sort of thing is important to me.

It's not about the gifts - just the thought. DD is only 22mths, and the handprints DH got her to do on my card and present were the high point for me.

I see it as the same as any special occasion - birthdays, etc. I'll always do whatever I can to make them special for DH, and I would hope he would do the same for me.

I don't think the children's age would have too much to do with it. I still remind my sister about important events for my parents, and she turns 40 this year! When DD gets older I'd love it if she masterminded Father's Day all by herself, but if she forgets then I will remind her so that DH still has a lovely day and she doesn't feel bad that she's forgotten.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well yesterday, I got to sleep in till 10..then I had a bubble bath and had lunch made for me.
    DH ordered me a movie on foxtel and took the kids out the front.
    Then we all went to the city and then, dinner together.

even at 9 and 7, my older 2 cant give me a day of relaxation.

I do not expect it, I am not all about the presents...its all about feeling loved and honoured.
    If DH had no money , I would be happy with the sleep in and bubble bath.

Just one day where I have a break of doing it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes definitely dp's responsibility if your kids are small- and if they are big its his job to be an example to the children of how to show appreciation for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    not really....i think it is more about the kids making something nice.
    a lot of the mums i know want presents (store bought) but i love it when it is something the kids thought of themselves and made.

my 9yo son made me a card a few weeks ago for no reason at all, saying how much he loved me. that trumps any mother's day pressie imo.
    Ds is not quite two, I would've been happy with a bit of scribble on a piece of paper then fob writing happy mothers day on it, its not about getting an paid or a new phone etc etc its just an I thought about you thing for me.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Obviously a spin off from many threads that seem to pop up every year.

If you have a young child or children, does your partner automatically get the job of making sure you have a good day?

Im not talking about the partners that want to or choose to of their own freewill...Im talking about the ones that assume because you arent their mother, they shouldnt have to make you breakfast in bed or buy you a gift or whatever. In your mind, it is their responsibility to give YOU Mothers Day?

(As always my poll has no middle ground, no shades of grey and no room for fence sitters. Either Yes they are responsible in your opinion, or no they arent in your opinion.)
    Nah. My ex never did anything special for special occasions, maybe birthdays and anniversaries I'd expect something special (dinner, etc) from my dp, but not mother's day. My dad usually organises something anyway. I guess when dp start living together it might be different, but I mean, the kids usually make me cards etc at school and daycare anyway and I don't eat breakfast so it doesn't bother me if I don't get breakfast in bed.