View Poll Results: Is Your Partner Responsible For Your Mothers Day?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 77.63%
  • No

17 22.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    DH just always has.

No big presents (or expectations of them on my part), although some years he's surprised me with jewellery etc... I remember that when I was pregnant with DD, I told him that I couldn't wait to get chrysanthemums for mothers day and so he's always bought me some and written me a beautiful card. My kids are 6, 4 and 6 months and the big ones made me the most beautiful handmade cards and gifts and DH gave me my 'mums, my card and a sleep in! I got a lovely card from my mum to me and my MIL gave me chrysanthemums as well (so did my bestie) - those close to me are well aware of my love of that flower

I would feel sad if he didn't acknowledge me on mothers day - he acknowledges my mum, his mum, my gran!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It really is about the thought. I always organise his boys (my step kids) on fathers day. We make cards and presents and I give the boys a little money to teach them how to shop for others in a thoughtful way. Then we ask dad what he wants to do for the day and we go and do it, whatever it is. Most of the time it's a picnic in the park or going bowling. Its about spending the time together and acknowledging that occasionally its good to let someone have a day that is all about them.

Next year will be my first mother's day (apparently having step kids doesnt count) and all I would like from the day is to have my other half not play football (he did today). I would like him to spend the day with us and come with us to visit my mother and his. Beyond that, I dont care. Him not playing for one week would make me feel special enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes it is his responsibility. I'm not his mother, but I sure hope he appreciates the mothering I do do.

I also want to be with someone who celebrates everything he can in life, and who wants to be a good example to our children, and shows them how to treat women and people he loves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To be honest... until I was a BH member I thought that Mother's Day was about children (ie <13 years) being all appreciative of their mothers.
    I honestly didn't know that adults were supposed to 'celebrate' it too, or that fathers were supposed to give gifts to the mothers of their children.
    I suppose it makes sense though.
    But I certainly won't expect anything from DP, should the situation ever arise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Yanno, I think it's actully MORE important that mothers of young children are appreciated by their other half today as they are still more likely to not yet be able to crap in peace, shower alone, eat a HOT meal without interruption. It's nice and all when kids are older and make mum breakfast in bed but it seems so unfair that the mum who gets up at 5 am daily to feed the little ones and cater to them is ignored and told that DP's mum matters more when she (as the mother of adult children) can sleep in whenever she damn well pleases.
    Love it Benji!!

I agree, I do expect DH to get a card and let DS draw on it etc while the kids are little, just as I do for him for Fathers Day. But the kids gave me the bestest present - DS slept until after 7 and DD slept all night and didn't wake up until 8!!!

I did get an awesome present, but it's for both of us so a combined Mums/Dads day present for this year. And it's not just about the presents, it's just being appreciated. Sure I get that most days, but it's nice to have a day that's for Mums everywhere and it's just nice to have a relaxing day and not have to do any jobs
    Last edited by Californication; 14-05-2012 at 08:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, not really. Maybe if his Mother was still alive he could do something nice for her but I'm not his mother so I don't see why he has to do something for me.
    Last edited by insideaway; 13-05-2012 at 22:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all replies but....
    Yes, it is my partners responsibility because he is my children's roll model. He needs to give examples to my children and he better bloody well appreciate me as well.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was very happy just having the day I had today. It was like any normal day. I don't think its his job to make my day good. I cuddled my baby and had a great breakkie and then I just did my usual things around home and DP looked after bub for me. I enjoyed my day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    not really....i think it is more about the kids making something nice.
    a lot of the mums i know want presents (store bought) but i love it when it is something the kids thought of themselves and made.

my 9yo son made me a card a few weeks ago for no reason at all, saying how much he loved me. that trumps any mother's day pressie imo.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

delirium  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is dh's responsibility if the kids are too young to know the meaning and think of it themselves!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast