View Poll Results: Is Your Partner Responsible For Your Mothers Day?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 77.63%
  • No

17 22.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep it is!

its mothers day and i am the mother to his children.
    i am the person who made
    it possible for him to be a dad.

i also do not have a mum
    so he knows its a hardish day for me.

my kids buy / make a
    pressie and he gets me one too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    No.

I'm not DH's mother and I never wanted Mother's Day until DD was old enough to scribble a heart in a card herself, around about age three.

Insisting on a Mother's Day gift from a kid that is too young to even process the concept of it, and insisting that your partner do it, shows that you care more about what you're getting out of it {breakfast, gift, flowers, etc} than the actual day
    Or a little bit of I appreciate what you do??? I do birthdays, christmas, fathers day etc and he can't even be ****ed to get out of bed .. how is that fair?

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No.

I'm not DH's mother and I never wanted Mother's Day until DD was old enough to scribble a heart in a card herself, around about age three.

Insisting on a Mother's Day gift from a kid that is too young to even process the concept of it, and insisting that your partner do it, shows that you care more about what you're getting out of it {breakfast, gift, flowers, etc} than the actual day
    Are you kidding? Do you just sit around thinking up the comments that'll get the biggest rise out of people?

If you dont - thats fine. But what the heck does it matter to you if I love the hand prints on a card for my toddler that doesnt know what its about. Or that I feel I deserve a sleep in at least twice a year.

*edit*

Actually sorry no you are right. Its absolutely about what I get out of it. I dont get what I want, which sucks, I can dream, but yeah - mothers day to me is what I feel I deserve. Because... Umm if its not... Then what else is it? Just another day. Its not Christmas. We arent missing the point of the birth of Jesus here. Its a day about hand prints on cards, breakfast in bed, flowers, chocolate and slippers.

I actually got my mum chocolate and slippers. Lol. Cos... Its the thing ya do.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 13-05-2012 at 19:38.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (13-05-2012),share a book  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes I do. It's showing appreciation to the mother of his kids. it's also about role modelling how to treat your mum and how to show those you love that they are special.

No.

I think you may have missed the point of what many are upset about. It seems in 95% of cases it isn't about presents. It's the time and thought that goes into making a home made card, making breakfast. Telling your wife what a great mum they are.

We don't do M's Day and F's Day presents in our house. Only craft stuff we do with the kids and a cooked breakfast happens. Those little cards saying mummy we love you, and the bright pink scribble picture of our little family are everything to me. Not flowers, expensive perfume or a $100 pedicure.

If you aren't in to mother's day then cool. But for many mums it's a very special day when all they want is to be pampered, told they are irreplaceable and to get a homemade card.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Yes I do. It's showing appreciation to the mother of his kids. it's also about role modelling how to treat your mum and how to show those you love that they are special.
    Everything you have said is exactly how I feel. My DD is way to young to pick up on DH efforts or lack thereof but some thought was all I was after. And thought definitely doesn't equate to presents.
    Last edited by Mrs E; 13-05-2012 at 21:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Mother's Day is also taking women out of their rightful place (chained to the kitchen sink) for a few hours. Outrageous stuff.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Californication  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Very simply - yes! I will make fathers day special for him while bub is young and I think he should do the same for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think it is to some degree but I'm also of the belief if you can't show the people you love that you love them every day then why make a big deal of one day.

Dh and I talked about it and what we both would want, and I said I don't care about presents I just want to know you appreciate me, a dinner out or breakfast in bed will do me fine until our little man is old enough to do something I'd rather celebrate the big days like birthdays and Christmas but I have said that I will get him things and do things for him for fathers day and this year he gets two so i just want to feel special too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only had 2 mothers days when I was with DDs father and he was of the opinion that as I wasn't his mother he didn't need to do a thing.

This year how ever I had my best mothers day ever by DD simply giving me a sleep in, making my morning coffee, a present from the mothers day stall at school and some home made cards of how much she loves me.

HOWEVER, my DP, who I have been with 6 weeks, brought me back label cruisers and has been doing everything for me all afternoon as in his opinion today is a day to simply appreciate mothers and all they do, whether they be your own, or someone else's, mums work their buts off every day and deserve just one day of doing sweet F.A!!!

And yes, I'm the luckiest girl 😊

Now to get my other present he's promised 😉

14. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think so but then I have older kids who do and my husband does but my ex never did and I didn't mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast