View Poll Results: Is Your Partner Responsible For Your Mothers Day?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 77.63%
  • No

17 22.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    No, I don't. It's a husband's job to appreciate his wife for being a mother every day.
    This!!!!! Just like its a mothers job to appreciate her husband for being a father everyday!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Californication  (13-05-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes...I'm not a mother but we always do a big mothers day thing with my aunts, Nanna's and mum...

As far as I know, my uncles and dad etc all wrote cards for their partners this year too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes! DDs 2, she has no idea. Also I don't think it's just about the children. I do heaps for DH and I like the feel appreciated and have a day off to be spoilt. In return DH gets the same.

DH is always helpful and I'm grateful to have him but it's nice having a day all about ME for once.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No.

I'm not DH's mother and I never wanted Mother's Day until DD was old enough to scribble a heart in a card herself, around about age three.

Insisting on a Mother's Day gift from a kid that is too young to even process the concept of it, and insisting that your partner do it, shows that you care more about what you're getting out of it {breakfast, gift, flowers, etc} than the actual day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    No.

I'm not DH's mother and I never wanted Mother's Day until DD was old enough to scribble a heart in a card herself, around about age three.

Insisting on a Mother's Day gift from a kid that is too young to even process the concept of it, and insisting that your partner do it, shows that you care more about what you're getting out of it {breakfast, gift, flowers, etc} than the actual day
    I couldn't give a rats shiz about the presents!!!

It's a day to celebrate and acknowledge all the hard work mothers do and the same for fathers day!

And FTR I never INSIST anything!!!! I'm lucky my DH WANTS to show his appreciation and love for me!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Benji  (13-05-2012),Californication  (13-05-2012),Mod-Zeddie  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No.

That's fine if you are happy with it then it isn't an issue.
    But there are women out there who are hurt and it's not because they are materialistic. They just wanted to be acknowledged to have something special done for them. And who cares if they want a gift or 2, big deal. Mothers do so much taking care of everything and everyone they should have a day when they are taken care off.
    Just because a woman might like a bottle of perfume or some flowers doesn't make her materialistic. Many mothers go without such luxuries all the time. A little gift and being a bit spoilt once in a while makes a person feel a little special.
    And I think it's wrong to call a woman materialistic because she god forbid wants a gift.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (13-05-2012),bumMum  (13-05-2012),Californication  (13-05-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it would be a nice thing to be shown courtesy and appreciation every day but as it is, o think many women hope that at the very least, on mothers day, a day for mothers, their man will put in some effort to say thanks. I don't see why someone can't be good to their mum and wife on the same day.? Is there limited kindness to go around or something

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No.

Couldn't be more wrong. It's not even about gifts. I had a sleep in, breakfast made for me and dinner made for me. I spent the day relaxing on the lounge. It's my DP and my DS's way of showing me that they appreciate everything I do for them and it's one of the few days of the year where I have to do absolutely NOTHING!

I do the same for my DP on father's day....but I'm sure you don't take issue with that​.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Californication  (13-05-2012),share a book  (13-05-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No.

Like every other issue about relationships on BH- pron, how often you DTD, who washes whose dishes and who makes the lunches, just because YOU do it a certain way, doesn't mean you can make assumptions about others relationships and make judgements about how they work. How predictable 'this is how I feel and if it's not like that in your house, your relationship is wrong' (not saying typical of you TL, just in responses in general to these kinds of questions)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    not really, when they are old enough to understand and ask then yes, so many people have commented on how my husband should make more effort but I am not a gifts type person and on my birthday I can gaurentee that when we go for a drive my hubby has done something to my car or has a new toy in the garage or gym. I have received great mothers days from the first year i became a mother but never expected or really wanted him to do it as I am not his mother and wanted him to focus on her. My kids now ask and I do expect him to help them make the day special not for me but for our kids who want the day to be special I would be happy with cuddles and I love you with the mountain of home made craft but the girls insist on getting my fav foods on mothers day.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 13-05-2012 at 19:10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast