View Poll Results: Is Your Partner Responsible For Your Mothers Day?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 77.63%
  • No

17 22.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can't vote cos I'm on my phone but if I could the answer would be yes.

It's a day to show your appreciation for everything mothers do, whether it be your own mother and/or the mother of your children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, absolutely his job. It teaches the kids that dad's can make an effort and how to show love and appreciation for their mum. This carries on to other areas too...if they see both parents setting great examples of how to be in a relationship...they will grow up knowing how to treat a partner and how to expect to be treated by someone that they love.

We don't spend excessively...but, DH made sure DS had money for the mothers day stall at school (i reminded DH when it was lol) and DH also took the kids shopping for some little gifts...he helped them write in cards (well, he did painted footprints with the baby lol) and he also had a card from him saying how much he loved and appreciated me.

We went out to breakfast and then DH took the baby and DS and I went and did my uni assignment (outdoors and fun) and then DS and I went and did some pottery painting...now DH si cooking dinner.

Showing kids a healthy relationship is the biggest gift we can give them...be it with parents, sibling, extended family, friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes I do. I think they should. Mine doesn't really. But I think he should.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel that mothers day is a celebration of being a mother, not just for kids but for partners too. I don't think it's DH's responsibility but I really appreciate that he has made it special for me. Just like I will do my best to make sure he feels appreciated when it comes to fathers day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think while the kids are young and to little to do things on their own accord he could help them with a drawing or making a card or something like that. As they get older getting into school age he can give them $$. Then high school onwards they can can do it themselve and DP's can be off mothers day duty lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they should. As pps have said - it is a day to show appreciation to mothers (even if they are not your own).
    And since DD is too little to be able to, he got me a present & card from her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok my honest point of view on this is that if a man can't even make an effort on mothers day then it shows how little respect he has for you.
    Im sorry if that sounds rude but it's just unbelievable how men treat women with so little respect. Mothers day is not just for kids.
    You have given birth to a child biological or not if he is with you then you are a family. Its not about money it's about the tought, the appreciation.
    And yes mothers should always be appreciated not just one day a year but for gods sake a freakin card and breakfast in bed with a warm bath and a bottle of bubbly isn't going to kill you.
    Just my POV tho.
    Make your woman feel special it's not that hard!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Areca  (15-05-2012),Benji  (13-05-2012),brooke88(mum2b09)  (13-05-2012),Californication  (13-05-2012),headoverfeet  (14-05-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (13-05-2012),MissMuppet  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, I don't. It's a husband's job to appreciate his wife for being a mother every day.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Bethylou78  (13-05-2012),Californication  (13-05-2012),Guest1234  (13-05-2012),Missemzy  (13-05-2012),MissMuppet  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    No, I don't. It's a husband's job to appreciate his wife for being a mother every day.
    Pretty much this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he should make the day about you! You are mothering his children and to say 'Im not your mother' is a disgusting cop out!!!

I'm lucky I also got a lovely card from my DH expressing his appreciation and love for me as the mother of our children.

I do the same for him on fathers day!

Yes men should appreciate their partners everyday but it's one day to go all out and celebrate that!