View Poll Results: Is Your Partner Responsible For Your Mothers Day?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 77.63%
  • No

17 22.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep! Just like it's my responsibility to do something nice for him for fathers day. Of course, if as a family u don't celebrate these things this wouldn't apply. But in our family we do :-)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have both adult children and a newborn and everything in between it is still his job to make sure I feel special. This year we had no money for a present so he made sure he got raisin toast for brekky and he got up to the sick 4 yr old all night so I could slept between feeds.

For us it a day to say thank you for looking after our kids.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Well, the one I started was in the single parents area, so I assume none who respond have partners who can step in.
    I responded to that, sorry.
    I kind of reply to things in there because even though I am partnered, its not to FOB and so I automatically take on most of the things for DS without asking/expecting anything from DP....so I consider myself a single parent in some respects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I responded to that, sorry.
    I kind of reply to things in there because even though I am partnered, its not to FOB and so I automatically take on most of the things for DS without asking/expecting anything from DP....so I consider myself a single parent in some respects.
    I just came in to say that wasn't at you! I only looked after responding here and all but 1 response was from a single parent, now I feel bad

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I just came in to say that wasn't at you! I only looked after responding here and all but 1 response was from a single parent, now I feel bad
    All good, just clearing my name. I often wonder if people scoff at me posting in that section but I do relate to most of it because of my 'situation'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I think so.
    And the easiest way is by showing appreciation!
    Unfortunately I've had a crappy day this year as DF didn't get home until just after 5am from work and the kids were absolutely feral this morning while he was sleeping.
    Then we had time for lunch at the in-laws and he had to go back to work for the night.
    But he did take me shopping for a present this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, will it happen? No, I really just dont mean sh!t to him

Eta - I dont even expect a present but a card would've been nice or a sleep in or something like that.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    All good, just clearing my name. I often wonder if people scoff at me posting in that section but I do relate to most of it because of my 'situation'.
    Off topic, but I think it suits custodial step families/repartnered single parents better than the step families section. Honestly, the only time I take issue is when peopleput us down for our relationship status

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is totally personal, but I would say no. I don't need my lovely hubby to spoil me on behalf of my little one today. He is a wonderful Daddy and I feel appreciated daily, not just on Mothers Day. I tend to feel this way about birthdays and Christmas too, not one to care for being spoilt.
    I do feel that the way I feel may be influenced by my own experience with my Mum. She is very demanding on Mothers Day. She had very high expectations of how she should be treated and would be depressed and sometimes angry if she did not get a good enough present or effort from myself and my brother. It made the day feel stressful and I often worried as a kid that she would be mad at my efforts. I now give her all the attention she seems to need, but it can be hard to please a person with unattainable expectations.
    My lesson from all that is that if you have low expectations is hard to be let down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I don't think mothers day is a strict "you only appreciate your own mother day" it's appreciating the mothers in your life.

I don't expect a present just a few words of appreciation. Which I got. Something along the lines of a dirty bad limerick about happiness that I pushed mini hims out of my hoohah lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (14-05-2012)