+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sensitivity to mozzies?

Hi all

Does this look like a sensitivity to mozzie bites? Its all I can think it is - my mum and sister get similar things with mozzies.

Im going to ask a chemist later on when we go out...

Thanks
    Me xx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, looks like bites to me.
    Use long sleeves and repellent with DEET or picardin.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg my son gets these too!

I think they are from mozzies and sand flies.

I just get him to shower and put calamine on to stop the itch.

He never just gets one either, always five or more at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, thats what my bub's mozzie/sandfly bites looks like too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes mozzie bites, ouch! I react in a similar way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I react like that to mozzies close to where I grew up (even when I don't scratch them at all). Funny thing is that the further away from home the mozzies are (eg. 50km, 100km, 200km) the less I react to them.
    I use Soov on mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep DD1 is allergic to mozzies and comes up like that to begin with and they quickly get worse. not sure how old your little one is but if they get bigger, start tracking towards the heart of are really itchy and upsetting them you can give a does of antihistamine to settle it down

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah, it looks like it.

I'm allergic and I'd say DD is too. It does tend to lessen in severity as they get older - when I was little, if I got bitten on a limb, the entire limb would swell. Now I just get massive bumps (about 20c sized).

I'm not sure if those of us who are allergic are more likely to attact mozzies... but DD and I get bitten more than anyone else (if we're all outside at hte same time, nobody else will get bitten but we'll be covered).

I think my mother used to dose me with phenergan if it got bad (because it's used for allergies... not just knocknig kids out).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Yeah, it looks like it.

I'm allergic and I'd say DD is too. It does tend to lessen in severity as they get older - when I was little, if I got bitten on a limb, the entire limb would swell. Now I just get massive bumps (about 20c sized).

I'm not sure if those of us who are allergic are more likely to attact mozzies... but DD and I get bitten more than anyone else (if we're all outside at hte same time, nobody else will get bitten but we'll be covered).

I think my mother used to dose me with phenergan if it got bad (because it's used for allergies... not just knocknig kids out).
    i reckon they must be more attracted to people with allergies because my DD1 just gets attacked whereas her sister and i will not get a single bite.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Almost everyone gets bitten by mozzies, HOWEVER the amount you seem to get bitten is in proportion to your allergy. EG Someone my have little no allergy to mozzies so they figure they never get bitten. They do it's just that they aren't allergic so they don't know they are bitten.

However some people have a very high allergy they think they getting attacked badly when it's just their allergy is just that high.

To answer OP's question.. Yes it looks like Mozzies. Don't use Calomine Lotion.. the Lotion aspect is drying to the skin and makes it worse. Look for something like Soov, bpanthem, or Lanacane. Lanacane is by far my favourite and works best but apprently it's not reccomended for under 12's (no idea why)