+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle View Post
    This is getting ridiculously petty.
    Lambjam, who are you to tell me enough? You know absolutely nothing about me, and after that comment, I don't care to know a thing about you.

What is this? A battle about who has had a roughter time? Talk about childish.
    I'll say "enough" to anyone daring to tell another woman that she didn't try hard enough, to imply that they were made of tougher or more dedicated stuff because they suffered for longer.

I didn't quote anyone directly, I was responding more to the general downward spiral of the thread... but if that boot fits and you're proud to wear it, go ahead.
    Last edited by lambjam; 14-05-2012 at 21:04.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (14-05-2012),brooke88(mum2b09)  (14-05-2012),Gandalf  (14-05-2012),GrabbyCrabby  (15-05-2012),Guest654  (14-05-2012),just her chameleon  (15-05-2012),NancyBlackett  (14-05-2012),share a book  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nobody has turned this into a competition or a battle of who had the roughest times.
    People are explaining just how hard their situation was because of YOUR insensitive remarks that made us feel inadequate and as if we had to justify ourselves.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (14-05-2012),delirium  (14-05-2012),share a book  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I think it's decrepit and tiresome and kind of like the song that never ends.
    Women who breastfeed are not smug.
    Women who don't are not failures.
    We're all just doing what we think is best for our family the best way we know how to.
    Yep. To fit in you must:

Breastfeed for minimum 6 months, but no more than 12 months
    Have a household income of minimum 75k/yr but no more than 148k/yr
    Have a degree
    Have children to the person you are partnerrd with, andbe with someone with no other kids
    Be heterosexual
    Be an omnivore
    Be atheist or raise
    OR raise the kids omnivore and atheist

Does that cover it?
    Last edited by share a book; 14-05-2012 at 21:04.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I also know many women for whom it was much more difficult. Women who tool Motilium, expressed/ did skin to skin contact for hours (days) at a time, took Fenugreek, saw different LCs, and still - weeks on - found that their babies continued to lose weight and that the feeding was not improving. Some of these women got there in the end, and most didn't.

Of these women, it may be that only a small amount (or even none) fell into the 5% who would 'technically' be unable to do it category. However, despite trying everything that they could find to do, and despite taking advice from the ABA and other professionals, they were not able to succeed.

Now, if they'd kept going another day/ another feed, maybe they would have got there.
    Im one of those women. due to a medical condition chances are I will never exclusively bf a child. we introduced formula when dd lost 15% of her body weight, via ng tube. we tried many times to ebf (i took motilium, fenugreek, oats and yeast, pumped 2 hourly and fed at least 2 hourly from both sides -I spent 19hrs feeding or pumping one day!) but she kepy losing weight each 48hrs (we went to twice weekly weighins at 6 months, weekly at 8 months and monthly from12-18 months)
    I did manage to keep feeding (2years now) and hope to feed bellyfruit. but im also realistic about my chances, and have donor milk on standby.
    so for me, trying a bit longer would never have helped. Im blessed with exceptional circumstances which allow my incredibly supportive dh to equally share child minding, so I can focus on feeding. not everyone has that. im also bl00dy stubborn, and bf was important to me, so I was able to continue.
    but then for some they might not have the support, may not rank bf as highly as I do, or simply may not want to feed, and theres nothing wrong with that at all

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (14-05-2012),misskittyfantastico  (14-05-2012),share a book  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Yep. To fit in you must:

Breastfeed for minimum 6 months, but no more than 12 months
    Have a household income of minimum 75k/yr but no more than 148k/yr
    Have a degree
    Have children to the person you are partnerrd with, andbe with someone with no other kids
    Be heterosexual
    Be an omnivore
    Be atheist or raise
    OR raise the kids omnivore and atheist

Does that cover it?
    oooh oooh... can I add?

must not be single
    must not collect benefits
    must be a martyr/not a martyr
    must not stay at home... or work for that matter
    have 2.5 kids, more is selfish, less is selfish

sorry I'm in a bit of a stirry mood tonight

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (14-05-2012),share a book  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And you have to have one boy and one girl!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Berrie For This Useful Post:

share a book  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    The WORLD health organisations guidelines are set to include third world countries without sanitation, in which case breast would definitely be the better option.

But can anyone HONESTLY say that they can tell the difference between a formula baby and a breast fed baby? And later in life? Do you smugly say at work you aren't catching the cold that's going around because your mum breast fed you till you were 2? Do you think the top of the class kid is smart because they had breast milk? The top scorer in my school was formula fed. I was too and I'm a scientist now. I don't believe I've been harmed.

Kudos to everyone who breast feeding is working for. But it won't make your kid better than mine. She's going to save the world one day, don't ya know?
    I dunno I kind of agree and kind od disagree with this. On the one hand to be honest yes I think breastfeeding does create healthier people. Or else many of us prob wouldn't bother breastfeeding. Do I feel smug about that? No. Do I think my child will be better than yours? No. After all there is much much more to raising healthy intelligent children than simply breastfeeding
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    OWhat ever age is most beneficial to mother and baby. Both my girls ended up on full formula a 3 months when they completely rejected the breast and to me felt like they rejected me. both would have been better off on bottle at a younger age but I was to stubborn to give up before then. In saying that though they both received formula from a supply line from week 2. Hopefully their 50mls of BM they got per day might have done something. I even tried to con my sister who had fed 3 till at least 3 to relactate to feed dd1. I think it was her that bought the first tin of formula when dd1 was released from hospital after admission as failure to thrive lol.
    Last edited by mumofbigT; 14-05-2012 at 21:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    This thread makes me very angry!!!!!!

I tried my A$$ off to BF my son! I even went to the point where I expressed every single 2 hour feed for him for two months. My sanity took a massive hit due to this. I couldn't leave the house, all I did was express, clean expressing cr@p, Feed, then do it again over and over.

But yeh what an absolute cr@p mum I am. How dare I not try hard enough.
    I did this with DS. I have one flat and one inverted nipple. Pumping is such hard work. When talking to midwives about the situation not one asked how I was coping. It was all breast milk is best. After 2 months of pumping I had enough and put DS on formula. I also was diagnosed with PND. I am now pregnant with #2 and will be formula feeding for own sanity.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to starla For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I did this with DS. I have one flat and one inverted nipple. Pumping is such hard work. When talking to midwives about the situation not one asked how I was coping. It was all breast milk is best. After 2 months of pumping I had enough and put DS on formula. I also was diagnosed with PND. I am now pregnant with #2 and will be formula feeding for own sanity.
    Hugs x

I ended up with PTSD from between this and lets say a stressful birth. It's been a few hard years.
    I said the same. I'm not going to waste my few precious months of my newborn expressing or worrying about BF next time (DS has colic and reflux) . I want to enjoy that time. Because I don't have those happy memories of DS I should have. Although I will definitely try my best to BF next time I won't make it the cente of the universe. It's not what makes me a good mum. A good mum loves her baby and does what's best for him/her.