User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking an egg donor to complete our family.

Hi everyone:

this is our official approved ad: I'd love to talk to people more about our situation, and the whole egg donation "thing"...I guess the ad is a start and I'll check back to see who's around soon!

Jenny

Seeking an egg donor to complete our family.
    We are a close couple in our mid 40s who have been married 12 years. We have a beautiful, happy primary school aged son who was the result of IVF treatment almost ten years ago.
    Soon after he was born, his Mum became ill with cancer and we had to wait many years to complete treatment before trying for a sibling. (Completely healthy now; in fact we live an even healthier lifestyle than we did before.) We have tried various IVF procedures for the past two years with no success.
    We have a wonderful, supportive IVF clinic and have been told egg donation is a very good option for us. Everything else is fine but my eggs just don’t work. So now we are hoping we will be lucky enough to find someone who is a mother, aged under 35 years, has finished having children and is willing to help us give our little boy a brother or sister.
    We have a loving, stable and fulfilling family life in a comfortable home. We know we are very lucky already, and cherish every minute of it. The gift of a child through egg donation would make our family complete and we would be grateful forever. Some level of ongoing contact with our donor would be lovely as we plan to be very open with any child about how he or she came to be.
    All your travel and medical expenses will be happily reimbursed and our clinic will take the best possible care of you. If you think you might be the right person to help, please email us at fromthree2four@gmail.com
    This advertisement has been approved by the Victorian Minister for Health, as required by s.40 of the Human Tissue Act 1982 (Vic) (May 2012).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jenny,

We too are just starting on this journey. I have spent the last few weeks reading about other people's journeys. I think your add is lovely and wish you a short wait in finding an amazing egg donor.

Fiona

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jenny,
    Lovely add :-)
    Wish you well, I know this journey can be tuff! I really hope you find a donor - do they not have them at your clinic?

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi,

thanks for the nice wishes and I wish you both well.

like all clinics, mine has a very long waiting list for anonymous donations...for most people I believe advertising or personal contacts are the only way to find someone...

Jenny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jenny, Can't email you for some reason. Can you please contact me re: egg donation

Thanks,

Linny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jenny, just touching base to see how you are going. I have been spending lots of time on egg donation Australia which is full of supportive people. You may wish to check it out if you haven't already. I hope you are well.

Fiona

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just wondered if you had also put your details on Pride Angel? they are a connection website for donors and receients so may be worh posting on there too?! I always think the more people that know you are looking the better chance you have of findng someone to help you! Hope this helps, best wishes xxx