+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It depends what you want it for - I have everything too but the iPad is a lot easier and lighter to carry than a laptop, and bigger and better screen than an iPhone , we take it when we travel, or go out, great for kids ( apps plus we download movies) great to store photos and send/receive emails

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    SO how do you put internet acess on it? do you buy a wireless plan/use a prepaid internet stick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    SO how do you put internet acess on it? do you buy a wireless plan/use a prepaid internet stick?
    Usually through WIFI but you can get 3G enabled ones. I don't think they have USB in them (so Internet sticks are out) so if you got a wireless plan you would need a portable wireless Internet device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends if you get wifi or wifi/3G.

I have the 3G version and it has a mini sim card on prepaid with Telstra. But ATM its hooked up via wifi.

I have a iPad mainly cause I'm a Mac freak. But it not having native flash is a pain...

Eta - snap b&b

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a wireless router at home at work so I just bought a wifi one. If you buy a 3G one for Internet access where there is no wifi you'll need a plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    so what's a portable wireless device? I know I'm tech challenged. I don't have an iphone and we use computers in our house lol

Is there a big difference in price to the 3G version?

Also are there other tablets on the market which are cheaper but just as good?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the basic wifi model and wireless broadband dongle which I carry with me. You can also get a Wifi and 3G model which takes a sim card and you can either do it on a plan or prepaid.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dh and i have one, its our main thing we use for the net.

Def recoomend getting the 3g one, its not that much more, but really handy. U get a sim card for it and its like a prepaid thing, so when we go visit mil, i put 20 bux on there for a gig of usage and it lasts a month, i dont do it often, because im at home all the time and it accesses our net via wifi.

The o ly downfall are the kids wanting to use it cause of all the apps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I'm liking this one great price considering it will be for a 8 yo

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIONEER-D...item3cc5bc033d

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the replies - I thought some of them were 3G but wasn't sure.

I love my iPhone but find when I'm sitting on the couch with DD2 unwinding at night the screen is too small for me to just read and the lap top I can't have on my lap as DD will push buttons. So I'm glad to hear it can be used easier. Probably when I'm feeding new baby it'll be handy. I was thinking it'd be easier to take to hospital than my laptop.

Might be worth getting the 3G, though I guess I could always use my phone as a hot spot and put the iPad onto that. Things to think about.

That's awesome, I was glad to come back after dinner and see so many replies. Appreciate the negative too so thank you.