+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you have an iPad? Should I get an iPad?

As the title says...

What's the benefit to an iPad? I've got an iPhone, laptop and we've got a desktop, so wondering whats the benefits to having an iPad?

I'm also well aware I have a MAJOR first world problem right now, so no need to point that out lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm buying one before I leave overseas
    love how light and convenient they are ! carrying my laptop around is like carrying a small child haha iPad fits nicely in handbag.
    guess I'd be using it mostly for easy Internet when out an about / on couch etc watching movies etc

sure some people who actually have iPads can help more lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an iPhone and a private and work laptop. I was unsure whether to get an iPad but I did it anyway. It's awesome. I use the kindle app, DH is addicted to the eBay app, usual bubhub, Facebook, words for friends. I think it's more the convenience. As already said its so light. My plan was it to be used in the car for trips for DD eventually. The iPad lives in the coffee table and the laptop hardly gets used now :lol:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    DD wants one for xmas bc her mate has one. So it plays music, games and you can access the net right? how do you get wireless access to it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a lot more portable than a laptop, fits into most handbags easily
    I also use it a lot for studying - I use pages for composing assignments, notability for my notes with audio recordings, and there's a ton of anatomy and nursing apps which is really handy for me.
    It has pretty much replaced my kobo, my laptop and my in car DVD player well worth it for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on mine right now. The best unnecessary purchase I've ever made!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I couldn't imagine my life without it anymore. I keep it in the kitchen or beside my bed and it's so quick and easy to check emails, keep up with friends etc. it is automatically wireless. If you want to take it away on holidays you ight need a sim card in which case you need to have a 3G iPad. I download movies for the kids and they can watch them anywhere (very useful not just on car trips but also if I have to drag them somewhere where I know they'll have to wait a while and there'll be nothing to entertain them (if DD1 ever comes to DD2's gym class she has to wait outside the room for 45 minutes so it comes in very handy). Also I can video DD1's school performances amd email them to others.

It's seriously addictive particularly if you like online shopping as you can literally take it anywhere (as long as you have access to a wireless network or a sim). Our house is wireless and I can escape for 10 minutes and hide with it. We also have multiple computers and laptops and iPhones (we're apple addicts) but it's by far the best thing out of all we own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF is buying me one to make my life easier while I study. I have hundreds of pages to read, but it's too much to print and I get uncomfortable reading it all on my laptop. So an iPad is going to make it easier for me
    That's the main reason for us lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sooo wish I could afford an iPad. I am hopefully starting study again in July, so it will be sooo handy for that. I have an iPhone and while it is awesome, for some things it isnt practicle cuz the screen is small. Have heard nothing but good things about them. One of the girls I work with that is doing law at Uni loves hers and uses it over a computer most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't buy an iPad. I am on mine now... We bought it a couple of months ago, but I'm really disappointed. I wish I had of bought a galaxy tab or something that I could use flash on. On the other hand I do have to say that having a tablet is very convenient. I can use it at the same time as feeding the baby etc, in the kitchen while I cook.