+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi soonerthanlater, Thanks for your reply & sharing your experience. I'm really glad your closest friend understood in the end. It must have been a very difficult situation for you, especially not having told anyone apart from your DH. I know what you mean about comments like 'we weren't even trying'. A close friend recently told me she is pregnant with no.3 & said 'we just thought it was time to have another one' like it was nothing - so easy! Yes, lots of tears from me at the minute too. I've had counselling before but can't really afford to go again. Your advice is good & I think I will have to keep some degree of separation. I think my brother will be understanding if I explain. He knows about my journey but not in depth - I've never shared any of the emotional toll of it. My SIL & I are not close, not in any bad way, we just never really clicked & don't see each other much (which is looking pretty beneficial for the short term!) so I'm not sure how she would react. When my other SIL was last pregnant I used to tough it out, go to all the family things, smile & say the right things & then cry all the way home & for hours after. I don't think I could keep that up this time. Yeah, my DP doesn't understand but it's not easy for him either & he's just dealing with it as best as he can & trying to get me to do the same... I think! Sure it's bound to get easier eventually!!! Thanks again, your reply meant a lot x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jude15 For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    Well seems to be the season for pregnancies.... I have had 11 friends and families announce their pregnancies in the last 2 months....
    Although I am very happy for them I am more and more devastated for us with each one

Just wondering if anyone has tips for coping?
    Being diagnosed with Turner Syndrome I have struggled with this pretty much all my life. It's so hard, and I don't know if I really have any tips, because I still find it difficult. I can offer a shoulder to lean on though, if you need to off-load.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    @maybebaby77 just read your post, it's heartbreaking. I've not got any advice for you but just wanted to send you hugs.
    Me too
    Luckily for me, when my sister-in-law was expecting my nephew she and my brother were in the US (and still are) so I guess I didn't have it in my face, so to speak. I imagine it would have been much harder if they were closer to me. Maybe, if you can, treat yourself to something great, like a holiday. Stupid suggestion I know, but it's all I can think of.
    More hugs for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, being an Aunty is fantastic. Having said that, bittersweet times embarking on IVF journey with lots of happy/healthy bro/sis/inlaws still having young kids and falling pregnant easily.... and especially since we may need donor egg +/- sperm and noone's keen to talk about that... of course I know its challenging but so hard to hear others planning their third when we may not get a first.....