User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler + Mouldy Juice bottle :-/

DS3 ( 15 months ) was walking around with an ex-apple juice pop top bottle in his mouth earlier - i didnt think anything of it because i filled one with water yesterday afternoon for him as he wanted to be like his brothers and drink from one, so when i saw him with it, i figured it was the same one.
    Anyway i was just tidying up, and i picked up the bottle off the floor, and he must have found it under one of the bigger boys bed or something, because it has mould in it!!!! The top was popped so he would have been sucking on mouldy air, and there was a little amount of old juice in it :-(
    I feel sooooooo stupid! I should have checked but i thought it was the water one......What should i do? Will it make him sick?

I did call Poisons info - but the lady was actually pretty unhelpful, She was very blunt and said just look out for symptoms....I asked what symptoms, does she mean vomitting etc and she said " anything kind of symptom" WTF?! He has had a cold & mild croup lately so he is a bit under the weather anyway, so i have NO idea what i should be watching for!
    TIA
    Me+DH = 3 beautiful boys ( 7, 5 and 1 )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well vomiting and that sort of thing I imagine would be in line with consuming off food or drink. I would maybe keep an eye on his breathing in case he has inhaled mould and it's bugging him. Chances are that it hasnt done him any damage. I saw my brother ingest some shocking things as a kid and it never affected him.
    RIP lil angel bubby. Gone too soon. xoxox

I swear I won't forget you
    Oh if my voice could reach back through the past
    I'd whisper in your ear:
    "Oh darling I wish you were here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

MummyHas3boys  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd be more inclined to ring the 1300 health line and speak to a Nurse.

I guess any signs that seem worrisome, as there may have been mouldy spores he's ingested/come into contact with, so watch his respitory signs/breathing etc, especially since he already has croup. And of course vomiting, diarrhea, fever etc.

~~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to [Mod] Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure unless he has an allergy to penicillin then he will be fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou ladies, I called health direct and she was lovely and helpful, just said to watch for vomitting, breathing difficulties etc. I feel better for now! I just panick so much when it comes to the boys when DH is away at work, plus s h ! t always seems to happen when he is away
    Me+DH = 3 beautiful boys ( 7, 5 and 1 )