+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 4 and 8 yr old boys still hate having their face wiped. But I found if you give them the washer or wipe and let them do it themselves I have half the hassles even if it doesn't get done perfectly lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 22 month old hates it, unless I do one side of her face, take the washer away then do the other side. I can't do it all at once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD is almost 3 and still does. To be fair, I think she is saving it for later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The only one of my four children who reacts that way has sensory processing disorders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This might be silly but can I ask.. Is it a warm washer?

L does this sometimes. I find having two helps, so she can 'help me' and encouraging her to do it and also getting a quick wipe in here and there while she 'does it herself'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Can you try giving her the facewasher? DS loves wiping his face and hands, he's a little OCD about it actually! But try giving her the facewasher, role play with dolls or get her to wash your face. Watch some in the night garden and big up how macca pacca washes faces, then rave on about macca pacca each time you need to wash her face.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Thank you! I tried giving her the face washer herself and showed her what to do on my face, then she wiped her own face.
    She did keep wiping my face over and over and thought it was hilarious but it's a start

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    I make funny noises every time it touches his face so it's like a game.
    If I forget, he screams
    Thank you! I tried this too and she didn't scream as much so i will keep trying with this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    yep... lol won't let me wash his face, but climbs into the shower fully clothed...
    Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundleoflove View Post
    Yep DS hates having anything near his face; a tissue, face wipe, face washer. The bath seems to be the only place he can be washed.
    He screams and squirms whenever we try to wipe his nose or face down, or his hands for that matter.
    I think DS's issues date back to being in special care as he had a nasal tube taped to his face for the first 3-4 weeks. I still reckon that's what started it. I'm hoping he gets over it, cos I'm over the tanties in public when I need to wipe his face, actually over the tanties in general!!
    It's hard in public hey, I get so flustered when my DD is having a tantie in the shops. I actually just left a shop yesterday without getting what I needed as I couldn't deal with her.
    Hope that gets easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    The only one of my four children who reacts that way has sensory processing disorders.
    Hi, I dont know much (or anything really) about sensory processing disorders... Got me a little worried now though