+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post
    Because sadly there are too many men out there who don't put their partner's first and are some what mummy's boys. It's what I like to call the Raymond man. From everyone loves Raymond.
    but why are the wives putting up with it? if dh didnt put me first, we wouldnt be together.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Californication  (12-05-2012),headoverfeet  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angewah View Post
    I'd keep you kids with you tomorrow. It's your mothers day to! Your MIL will be seeing her children so you should get to be with yours.
    This!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree - your husband needs to talk to her. Has she always been this way or does she blame you for your time apart?

Either way, he needs to tell her that you are his wife. The mother of his children and if she can't be civil and polite to you, then she won't be seeing any of you until she can.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i guess there are lots of elements to it...and how/why you broke up might be effecting them.

it will need to be talked about and your dp will have to enforce it...ie not going over there without you, not tolerating any nasty comments etc

also give it time...if it is all frsh they might not trust you/ the relationship yet and feel they are trying to protect themselves and your dp.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely not. It's your day with the kids and DP who should be doing a whole bunch of stuff to spoil YOU.

Unless of course you idea of bliss is to banish the DP and kids from the house, slap on an avocado face mask, your fab PJs, watch a whole season of Real Housewives in bed and pass out in a food coma of chips and chocolate!

Its all about you. Be selfish - you have a day pass.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bohogirls For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-05-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I took the kids and left because he started having a prob with weed. He would get angry when he couldn't get it and took it out on me. His parents new he was on it N what he was like they saw It. Mab they expected me to put up with it. Anyway me leaving snapped him out of it.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    His changes heaps. He randomly calls during the day saying he loves me. He never did that before.
    I dont no what's happening tomorrow at all. But it's not just tomorrow. What bout Christmas? And all that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    His changes heaps. He randomly calls during the day saying he loves me. He never did that before.
    I dont no what's happening tomorrow at all. But it's not just tomorrow. What bout Christmas? And all that?
    Could be a case of insecurity on his families part - pretty intimidating stuff seeing your sons partner walk away when it's needed when you as a parent haven't got the guts to tell him he's out of line.

Do you feel you could tackle it head on, as in going to see his mum or call her and ask how she feels or would that be weird?

You do need to have a clear indication of what's expected of you. Set boundaries. My OH and I decided that 'special days' like Easter, Christmas, mothers day and fathers day where our family days - we spend the day together on our own, him me and the babies. Birthdays and other days off like anzac day and boxing day are fine to see his parents etc. It's become a tradition which I like because everyone knows what to expect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I agree with everyone else, it's his mother and he should be saying something to her. The reason you initially broke up with HIS fault and good on you for standing up for yourself and the kids. You say he's changed so it was probably the best thing you ever did.

Time for him to grow up and defend you, especially since he completely deserved you leaving him. I would be telling your partner the kids are staying home with you. As someone else said, it's mother's day, not grandmothers day. He can be with his mother, and your kids can be with theirs

So what exactly is the MIL's issue with you anyway... except for not being a door mat??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her issues is I took the kids from her son. Even tho he did deserve it at the time and she knew what he was like. She saw it! So yea that's why