+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugarplum, I am also a small breasted woman but I got to breastfeed my DD for 7 months. I had to nurse her every 2 hours which did get exhausting at times but it also meant I could sit down a lot lol. I found drinking anything with malt in it boosted my supply such as sustagen or milo. Plus it's a much yummier alternative.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FiredUp For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiredUp View Post
    Hi Sugarplum, I am also a small breasted woman but I got to breastfeed my DD for 7 months. I had to nurse her every 2 hours which did get exhausting at times but it also meant I could sit down a lot lol. I found drinking anything with malt in it boosted my supply such as sustagen or milo. Plus it's a much yummier alternative.
    Wow thanks for tip re: the malt, will have to make some milkshakes
    You are a super Mum! 7 months feeding 2 hourly!
    If i can get myself more organised with my business and playing with my toddler I won't mind 2 hourly feeds - bub is now going 3 hourly which is working well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh do you believe that you "need" to feed 2 hourly because you are small breasted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes absolutely. I was lucky if I got to 3 hourly but I was also lucky that she slept through the night from 7 weeks old. I thought it was normal feeding so frequently coz breastmilk was digested easier, although on the occasions she did have formula she would only go 3 hours between feeds anyway. Like you were told by a LC I was also told that because of my small boobs my storage capacity was less requiring more frequent feeding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FiredUp For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Yes I've noticed a difference in bub when I take less fenugreek. I try to take after I feed so it can be absorbed before I feed next.
    I wonder if cooking with the seeds etc would help just as much?

No naturopath here but believe it or not I am studying to be one myself - just not that advanced yet.
    You can add ground fenugreek to most foods ie curries casseroles and soups/stews. You can soak and eat the seeds themselves or add it to a salad or stirfry.

I'm Indian and cooking with it is normal. When bfing full time I added it to almost everything.

DH took a bit to get used to the effects but after a week or so was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiredUp View Post
    Yes absolutely. I was lucky if I got to 3 hourly but I was also lucky that she slept through the night from 7 weeks old. I thought it was normal feeding so frequently coz breastmilk was digested easier, although on the occasions she did have formula she would only go 3 hours between feeds anyway. Like you were told by a LC I was also told that because of my small boobs my storage capacity was less requiring more frequent feeding.
    Wow so how did the transition go from feeding 2 hourly to sleeping through?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    You can add ground fenugreek to most foods ie curries casseroles and soups/stews. You can soak and eat the seeds themselves or add it to a salad or stirfry.

I'm Indian and cooking with it is normal. When bfing full time I added it to almost everything.

DH took a bit to get used to the effects but after a week or so was fine.
    Thanks! I will look for it in the spice section.
    Am disappointed I can't find flaxseed meal or brewers yeast at Woollies to make the cookies ;(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Small breasted doesn't mean small supply though! I am an A cup and am still feeding my 2 year old. I had to manage oversupply issues until she was 18 months old. I fed frequently for my own needs ie my breasts would get uncomfortably full quicker as they were small storage tanks :
    I also had to very gradually stretch out time between feeds overnight with both bubs or I would get mastitis

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplecat For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (05-06-2012),SugarplumMummy  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so how did the transition go from feeding 2 hourly to sleeping through?
    She was always a good sleeper, so I was just really lucky there. I was feeding 3 hourly through the night then at 7 weeks she slept 5-6 hours but still 2 hourly through the day. I haven't been so lucky in the daytime naps department though. At 9 months old she only sleeps for an hour for the whole day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks! I will look for it in the spice section.
    Am disappointed I can't find flaxseed meal or brewers yeast at Woollies to make the cookies ;(
    you might have to find an Indian grocery shop as I'v never bought it at woolies/coles.