+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Thanks thats great info! I'm not really that keen on aerobics anyway lol! I will prob wait until 8 weeks to start yoga just to be careful. I didn't know that your supply is still being established up to 8 weeks either.

My Mum has been telling me that when I start doing "more" ie: exercise & working that my supply will drop so wasn't sure if it was true for everyone?

How do you eat/drink flaxseed oil and chia seeds?
    Hey Sugarplum

everybody is different - for example some mums can bf through a whole pregnancy and not lose their supply too much - whereas I went dry at 7mths. Was soooo blardy annoyed about that. Others can run marathons and still feed their kids and express extra. You wont know till you try but do it slowly. and if your supply does get affected you then can decide to either back down or continue with more meds/pumping etc.

you can add flaxseed oil to foods (use it in baking instead of butter/cooking instead of olive oil etc) and chia seeds can be added to porridge/oats/biscuits/slices etc.

Lactation biscuits I think have both in them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (01-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok am def going to make the biscuits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok am def going to make the biscuits
    Lactation cookies have been a godsend for us!! Bubs is 3 months & i am still making a batch every week. If I don't have them for a few days, he fusses & feeds hourly, I REALLY notice the difference!

Good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey'sMummy For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessca View Post
    You could try adding LSA or just flaxseed meal to your diet or there are lactation cookies. And make sure your eating well and drinking lots of water, I've found if I don't eat atleast 3 meals a day and have a couple of bottles of water my supply drops.
    I hope this helps!

Lactation Cookies

* 1 cup butter or marg
    * 1 cup sugar
    * 1 cup brown sugar
    * 4 tablespoons water
    * 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (can be found at any local health food store)
    * 2 large eggs
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla
    * 2 cups flour
    * 1 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
    * 1 cup or more chocolate chips/sultanas/almonds (whatever takes your fancy)
    * 2-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)

Preheat oven at 180C. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment. The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.

Bake: 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.
    Serves: 6 dozen cookies
    Preparation time: 15 minutes

* Don't substitute brewer's yeast for anything else... that's what makes 'em work!
    * Raw dough works 10 fold apparently and tastes very very yummy!
    * Remember to keep your water intake up, this can make a difference with supply.
    Eat the raw dough??

And can I get the brewers yeast from Woollies? Are the cookies ok for the whole family, toddler included to eat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP if you PM me your address, I can send you some Breast Feeding Support tablets I have. Got them at the health food shop, but I had major supply issues and they didn't work for me. They might for you though, and there is half a bottle left if you want them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got some fenugreek kibbled from the health food shop. I just put some in a mug with hot water. Let it sit a while. Tastes disgusting to me but i found taking it twice a day my supply increased in 3 days

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Missabubble For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if I could drink the fenugreek though?! My supplement seems to be doing the job..I did cut back from 3/day to 1/day as they affected bubs tummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if I could drink the fenugreek though?! My supplement seems to be doing the job..I did cut back from 3/day to 1/day as they affected bubs tummy.
    i was wondering how you were going with your supply and if you started the fenugreek......
    If you have one around your area, I may even suggest seeing a naturopath! I did after I realised the fenugreek was making bubs tummy upset, and she gave me something (not sure what), that helped more than the fenugreek tabs alone. Im sure she put fenugreek in it, but there were also other things, which may help also, I even started to feel the 'let down' again.
    Im not taking anything at the moment, as DD is 7 months and shes started solids 3 times a day. My supply seems to handle the less frequent feeds better, but im not feeling the let down sooo much anymore.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiritofaWarrior For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fenugreek also stimulates the Gut and metabolism and it takes about a week to get used to it in regular doses.

I use it quite heavily in food preparation and have noticed that DH and DD are more 'regular' than when I dont use it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (05-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I've noticed a difference in bub when I take less fenugreek. I try to take after I feed so it can be absorbed before I feed next.
    I wonder if cooking with the seeds etc would help just as much?

No naturopath here but believe it or not I am studying to be one myself - just not that advanced yet.