+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hiya my last post was probably a bit long to absorb it all;

here are my simplified suggestions for your situation:

1) go back to your doctor and ask for a script for Motillium that will be enough to take 2 tablets 3 times a day for 6 weeks (that's around 250 tablets - you need special permission). I have never heard of antibiotics conflicting with Motillium (but I am not a doctor)

2) offer your baby both breasts TWICE every two hours in the day and twice overnight.

3) stop pumping. UNLESS your baby is asleep when it is time for another breastfeed and you don't want to wake her - them pump. Pump 10 mins each side, have a 5 minute break, then pump 10 more minutes each side, 10 minute break then pump again

4) stay home for a few days just resting and feeding an eating and drinking.

5) watch your baby's nappies. If she is having 5 wet nappies and 1-2 poos in 24hrs she is getting enough and you don't need to top up. All other behavior, at this stage, is normal newborn behavior. Just watch the nappies.

That's it - doesnt need to be overly complicated. You can do it, and your body knows how :
    Last edited by purplecat; 22-05-2012 at 22:18.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to purplecat For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How are you going sugar plum mum?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to purplecat For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (01-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey there thanks am still bf, bub seems happy & has been sleeping well. What I am expressing has decreased - but I havent been pumping as much as I have been sick.

So far I have been diagnosed with 2 internal infections - one infection on my incision and fluid on my uterus (secondary hemorraghing) am headed back to the city to see my OB & possibly into theatre on Tuesday .
    Tried bub on 6l of formula last night - as I cant express enough for him while I am in theatre ;(
    Does anyone know if I can still bf after theatre/general anaesthetic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    60mls not 6l!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so my supply has settled I think (4.5 weeks post partum now) should I continue to express for the small amount I am getting and store it?

Any more tips going forward on how to maintain my supply? After I recover totally I am really motivated to get fit again (yoga, walking, aerobics) and eating super healthy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sugarplum - I keep taking Fenugreek and fennel. It is called 'breastfeeding support' supplements from the health food shops (all natural). I also find whole meal porridge in the mornings helps me throughout the day and I notice a difference when I don't eat oats.
    Flaxseed oil, chia seeds and all those super foods help, as well as eating extra lean protein.

DS is 5 months and I am still working on maintaining my supply. He has started solids but breastfeeding just as much as he was prior - he is a hungry boy at the 99th percentile in length and a very fast metabolism like his dad!

Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CamD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and just keep feeding and feeding as much as you can. Your supply is still being established until around the 8 week mark.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CamD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Any more tips going forward on how to maintain my supply? After I recover totally I am really motivated to get fit again (yoga, walking, aerobics) and eating super healthy?
    You might need to hold off on anything more than walking and yoga till 6-8wks at least. Yes eat healthy but make sure you get your recommended calorie intake per day.

Some women find that exercise and diet doesn't effect their supply at all but others like myself have our supply tank if too much is done.

I only walked and did yoga/pilates till DD was 6mths old and starting solids. Then increased to one pump class a week. I lost all (but 3kg) my baby weight before DD was 1 and was pregnant again soon after.

Good luck. Def agree with oats for brekky as a long term staple.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks thats great info! I'm not really that keen on aerobics anyway lol! I will prob wait until 8 weeks to start yoga just to be careful. I didn't know that your supply is still being established up to 8 weeks either.

My Mum has been telling me that when I start doing "more" ie: exercise & working that my supply will drop so wasn't sure if it was true for everyone?

How do you eat/drink flaxseed oil and chia seeds?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast