+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lots and lotsa porridge!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitman For This Useful Post:

SugarplumMummy  (14-05-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarplumMummy View Post
    Thats all great info, thankyou - so the secret ingredient (to increase supply) in the cookies is the brewers yeast?

Very interesting about the chemist supplement versus the health food store supplement however we dont have a health food store here - just the chemist.

I have also heard milk thistle supplement helps?
    Yep milk thistle supplements are good

Have you had a look at the healthy hindrances to a healthy milk supply (it's a sticky in the breastfeeding section).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a low supply and I find that pumping a lot has helped me more than anything else. I've just finished a course of maxalon, but I think the
    pumping helps even more than that. I'm pumping at least twice in 3 hours. I'm also eating lactation cookies...lots of them and porridge every morning.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to betherina For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi i also had milk supply problems. Looking back, i wasnt drinking nearly enough fluids! U need to drink drink drink! and eat lots of carbs and protein! Look after yourself, rest and relax/sleep when you can. Breastfeed 1-1.5hrs or as often as you can. Let bub's feed for an hour (both sides preferably) so he/she fully drains your milk and gets the fatty stuff at the end of a feed. That way your brain signals your "empty" and "refills" the amount that was taken. So, if bub's takes a full feed, your body will replace that feed. If bub's only "snacks" your body will only replace the "snack" feed. I hope that makes sense?

Try a LC they are brilliant. I was perscribed Motillium and was on fenurgreek. I didnt find they did much for me, however.

I still think a very good diet, lots of fluids and rest are key for a great supply, oh and of course frequent feeds, even if you have to wake bubs.
    Hang in there, its hard yakka starting out or building a milk supply but once u have it down pat, it's really easy and a wonderfully, beautiful experience you and bub's can share.

Goodluck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nice piece of crumpet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks - I am pumping and feeding like crazy & have only noticed a slight increase in my supply.

My LC has prescribed me motilum - but I am not 100% sure about taking this - apparently they having done any studies on the effect of the drug on the infant as it is passed through the milk?

My LC also said because I am small breasted I will need to feed more frequently and wont have the storage capacity?

I guess overall I am wondering whether once I do all of these things (fenugreek, tea, motilum, pumping & feeding 2 hourly) to boost my supply will my supply continue to decrease anyway in the future?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=354465

Here's the link I mentioned earlier.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome links thanks so much unteresting about the ginger and garlic! DH just out getting me fenugreek and motilum now.

Will I have to work this hard to keep my milk established?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From personal experience. I drink coconut water. It's REALLY boosts my supply. Coconut milk and oil help with the function of the thyroid and the thyroid is what helps to produce milk... Works for me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh interesting about the coconut water - can I buy this from the supermarket?

How long does motilum take to work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If your 'low' supply is due to bub not sucking properly then medicines, teas, bikkies etc are not the best way to work on supply. FIrst would be to try to get baby to attach better so that he is stimulating supply, and if this is not possible or not effective then work on pumping either with a pump or manually.

Lots of skin to skin contact, rest, eating well and drinking water will also be beneficial.

Is your Lactation consultant IBCLC (international board of lactation consultants) certified? Many small breasted women breastfeed their babies successfully. Did your breasts change during pregnancy?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post: