+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DS was a little bubba, I had him in a singlet, a fleece onesie and then a 2.5 TOG sleepingbag on him. This kept him warm and toastie for the first 2 months.
    Then as it got colder, I had a long sleeve t-shirt under the fleece onesie as well.
    I also had an oil column heater that I hooked upto a timer. I would have it switch on at 5am til 7.30am so it was warm when he woke up.
    He used to be a terrible tosser and turner and always kicked his blankets off.
    We only recently stopped using sleepingbags as he finally has stopped tossing so much. He's now nearly 2.5yo and actually loves to pull up his quilt and get all snuggled up and cozy. Plus when I go to bed, I always check to see if he's still tucked in.

At the moment he does get cold in the morning, so he gets up at 5am and jumps into my bed to have another hour of sleep.
    I will be putting the heater in his room this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS goes to bed in a onsie, sometimes with a singlet under. Then when he wakes up around midnight I zip on a fleece onsie over the top and that's usually it. If it's extra cold though I will put a blanket on him too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS usually wears a short sleeve onesie, pj pants, long sleeve top and 2.5tog grobag. He comes into our bed from midnight onwards but sleeps on top of our covers.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies. It's good to know others feel the same way.

We were thinking of getting an oil heater. Can you recommend one with a timer and that doesn't cost a lot in electricity.

Also where do you buy those thermals/spencers (in Perth)? or online?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depending on how big the room is, you could get a 5 fin heater at Big W for cheap as chips. I bought a 5 fin Abode heater from Big W last year. It's 1000 Watt and has 3 heat settings plus adjustable thermostat. I put it on the timer last night and had it turning on between 5am and 6.30am and it was nice and warm in his room when I woke him up at 7.30am. It is no use putting the heater on all night as the room only really gets cool in the early morning. It would be a waste of electricity.

He has a standard size bedroom, it's 3m X 3.5m

Oh and I saw these very very cute wheat bags on ebay. They have all sorts of animals: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120862521973
    I reckon DS would love an elephant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you heard of a safe t sleep?
    I have this fir my baby as I was terrified of her rolling over and suffocating as we had a friend who lost their baby this way at 11 months....
    Anyway I put ny baby in thermal underwear, tights, then a onesie then a long sleeve sleeping bag, then a sleeveless sleeping bag... then when we go to bed I out a thick blanket on her and she can't wriggle out of it coz of the safe t sleep.

And when I check on her at night she is still cold! So another blanket ot is!
    She looks like an Eskimo when she goes to bed!

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots and lots of layers.

Depending on temp - singlet, sockes, onesie, mittens, track suit, thick bag, 2 x thick bags and if all else fails, a heater.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they used to say to me to dress bubs 1 layer warmer than yourself...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singlet, ls onesie, knitted sleeping bag, plus one or two blankets which end up kicked off anyway. Plus small heater. Were getting gas central heating installed next week for winter. Can't wait!