+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Keeping baby warm at night

Now that it's starting to get cool, especially at night....was just wondering what everyone does to keep their bubs warm at night.

Atm, I am putting her in a singlet and onesie PJ's then a thick sleeping bag however I don't think that will be enough in winter and I can't put a blanket on her as she is moves around a lot.

What do you all do...especially those who have been through a winter with 8month + babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds was.born june 2nd 2010, the week we got out of hospital we had a massive cold snap, as I was getting out of bed to nurse we ran the heater all night (temp controlled) thank you $1000 electricity bill ...

2011 - I co-slept and this year we co-sleep.

Ds also wears a full body all in one and when it gets alot colder will have flannos over the all in one.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We're in Brisbane and the nights are getting cooler. Flanelette sheets in the cot. DD is sleeping in a fleecy sleepsuit. She doesn't like being tucked into blankets, but once she is asleep, I pull her cot doona up to her waist and it stays on through the night. So far so good, but it's not really wintery yet. If it's extra chilly I put a onesie on underneath the sleepsuit.

When DS was the same age, I remember having a small fan heater in his room in the depths of winter. I used to warm up his room before bedtime, and then have it on a plug-in timer for a certain amount of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got the same problem here. My dd will mostly keep blankets on so have her in a vest, a onesie, then 2 blankets. Also have a plug in oil filled radiator with e thermostat to keep the room at a recent temp.

Our monitor has a thermometer so I can always tell the temp in her room.

I'm preparing myself for a big electric bill but there's not much else I can do!

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's an effort as he is so wiggly ATM when I try and dress him but I put on a singlet, long sleeve singlet, bonds suit, another warm all in one suit, and when it gets even colder a sleeping bag as well. No heaters this year as last year we had a 1100 bill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in Tassie with no heating downstairs in the bedrooms. We use a sleeping bag and a small oil heater to keep the room above 16. It didn't effect the electricity bill dramatically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same dilemma with 6.5 month old DD. At the moment I have her in a thermal long sleeve singlet, a wondersuit and a growbag (with flannelette sheet on the cot). When it gets cooler, I will just add a flannelette pj on top of the singlet and wondersuit (with the gro bag). I know that its a lot of layers, but she wriggles way too much and a blanket is out of the question at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both ny boys were restless sleepers so in the colder months it'd be flannelette sheets on the cot. You can get baby thermals, I used to use the singlets, winter pjs and then there's these things that are kinda like the daggy snuggie blankets u used to see on tv, the one my kids had the top half had sleeves and pop buttons but the bottom looked like a sleeping bag (sorry I can't remember what their called) never had issues

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I have winter babies, I dress them in a spencer or singlet under their sleep suit/pjs, swaddle (if newborn), have flannelette sheets in their bassinette/cot and put a woolen blanket over them.

If they're an older baby, I will do all of the above, but use a sleeping bag (gro bag) on them and then a blanket over that if it's very cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This does my head in too. I struggle with my own temperature when I'm sleeping!

DS is 15mo. We semi co-sleep and OH is literally a hot bod so when DS is cold he snuggles right into daddy, which is cute but then I miss out!

Baby #2 will be here soon so I'm thinking for comfort and to save money we will have DS in his cot and baby in the bassinet in our room with a heater.

My brother and I used to sleep on mattresses on the floor on mum and dads room because it was air conditioned in the summer.
    Some of my favourite childhood memories are from guessing games and random conversations we would have before we went to sleep.