+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Next time, I'll jump in the car with my PJs on. Complete with bed hair hehe.
    I don't think they would judge my trackies then

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wear pj's out all the time

my slightly more classy option is to just sleep in the clothes i'm going to need if i have an early morning (especially early morning drop offs - take kid to school, wearing the clothes i slept in, so i can go straight back to bed when i get home)

i'm not concerned with classy at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd kind of feel weird not wearing my yoga pants to Maccas (good lord I've gone in my pjs with little pink piggies on them before lol) so don't worry about it. Same goes for woolies, if it's just a quick run in who cares!

As for the tension issue. Is it possible because you know about the promotion/fighting at work and you dislike confrontation that most of the tension is coming from you waiting for a fight to.break out at home? I'm a stickler for doing this to myself! But either way I think your best option would be to put it to the back of your mind. It's their work thing let them sort it. Id only openly oppose the situation if it escalated at home (thus affecting you quite clearly) good luck

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkplease3 For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sometimes trackies and a tee can look hot in my hip hop opinion
    go op!!! :cheer:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huni&Coco For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trackies are fine at home or in the garden but I hate to see people out in them it screams I don't care anymore, I have no pride in my appearance. i don't go for makeup or anything but it's really not hard to make yourself look like you care. I realy realy hate when people don't put their kids in ok clothes to go out. Take them shopping in pj's is just horrible. I like my kids to look like I take good care of them and I want them to grow up with pride in their appearance. Nothing over the top just brushed hair and respectable clothes and always in shoes.

As for the tension I havn't been through it but I'd say stay out of it and let them sort it out. They are grown people and should be able to sort out their own problems. My Grandma is always telling me about my aunts and uncles and how she wants to help them but their in their 50s and 60s they should be able to look after themselves and she dosn't need the stress. As you don't need it. Tell them both their stressing you.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I go out in daggy trackpants or shorts all the time. It doesn't mean I don't care about my appearance, it means I don't care what others think, but usually it means that I've just spent 1.5hrs slogging my guts out at the gym, and need to go to the shops or the park straight afterwards, instead of wasting time going home then back out again because my son will need a nap soon!

I don't dress my kids up unless absolutely necessary. They've got the rest of their lives to worry about appearances, but at the moment, I'm happy for them to wear tracksuit pants and have fun, be carefree and get dirty.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (12-05-2012),LoveLivesHere  (12-05-2012),SeymourTheBear  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon you dress for your company, not your destination. If I know my friends will be dressing up a bit, I usually do too.

Your friends obviously think you dress a bit daggy. I'd be a little embarrassed and make more of an effort. It's not that hard to throw on jeans and a clean top and brush your hair. I know my friends love me no matter what but I wouldn't want anyone to be ashamed of hanging out with me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (12-05-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natct View Post
    Trackies are fine at home or in the garden but I hate to see people out in them it screams I don't care anymore, I have no pride in my appearance. i don't go for makeup or anything but it's really not hard to make yourself look like you care. I realy realy hate when people don't put their kids in ok clothes to go out. Take them shopping in pj's is just horrible. I like my kids to look like I take good care of them and I want them to grow up with pride in their appearance. Nothing over the top just brushed hair and respectable clothes and always in shoes.

As for the tension I havn't been through it but I'd say stay out of it and let them sort it out. They are grown people and should be able to sort out their own problems. My Grandma is always telling me about my aunts and uncles and how she wants to help them but their in their 50s and 60s they should be able to look after themselves and she dosn't need the stress. As you don't need it. Tell them both their stressing you.

Good luck
    Haha I find that hilarious. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm usually completely overdressed for any occasion. Heels, make up, pretty dress the whole 9 yards. But I'm an all or nothing girl, if i cbf getting prettied up I cbf at all! I wear trackies to the supermarket all the time, and I often take my DS straight to the playground after work/daycare, where i will be in my corporate work wear and he's in stained trackie pants and sometimes paint through his hair. Other times he will be looking spectacularly cute while I'm in my trackies. Meh. Judge all you like, we are rad dressers 90% of the time, I just don't care what other people think.

Plus (and I know this will cop me a flaming) I think it's the tiniest bit bogan to not be caught dead in your trackies. You know that aspirational/keeping up with the Jones's type deal. I've lived/worked in some pretty posh suburbs (not in posh houses, mind you!) And the more well-off people are, the less they care about looking nice to go to the supermarket.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 12-05-2012 at 15:20.