+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just had my braces put on yesterday Jensha and I'm thinking the same thing...I have a wire on the bottom of my teeth (at the back) that hurt my mouth (bottom of the tongue ulcerated really badly) for 2 1/2 weeks. That stopped hurting on Wed. So over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine only hurt when I've had an adjustment, so I eat what 'I can'. Usually that's anything that isn't hard like steak (which I would normally have med rare, but can't because I'm preg), or anything where I have to chew too much.

Lot's of asian soups with wontons/dumplings/rice noodles/tofu and bok choy etc.
    Mince dishes which are softened with sauces/stocks etc.
    Semolina/porridge/vita britz

So many things, just things that aren't hard or too sticky or get stuck like rice and bread. I eat these things when I'm not in the pain phase though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yogo... Lots of yogo...

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would just eat stews, soups, mashed potatoes (you can jazz them up so much that they are a meal inthemselves. I am like the mashed spud queen!).

I would also just get two pieces of bread, butter them. Put them together and put in the microwave for 30 seconds. Pull them apart and just eat the soft warm buttery bread.

Now I want to go eat that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can I ask a quick braces question??!!

I've had mine on about a month and the initial pain went away. Now just in the last three days my bottom teeth have moved (the top ones moved quickly) and the pain isn't easing with panadol like it did last time. This actually is aching more... Is it normal to get pain 4 or so weeks later without any new adjustments to the braces???

Wahhhhh I'm in so much pain