+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Tildy

Just wanna say sorry for posting info for wrong area must have read post code wrong on your profile sorry. Sound like you have some good avenues to follow. Wish you lots of luck and a happy health pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats ok, thanx for your support. It's been hard to organise all this on my own so it's good to have the support of other like minded peoples.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any luck?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of my leads have ended up dead ends. I have one more number to call before I start to think seriously about the options that are left. I am seriously going to consider staying with my sister for my last month of pregnancy after I start maternity leave and try and get a midwife in that area. There is bound to be one in newcastle and she lives not far from there. She has also studied with midwives and is somewhat of a lay midwife herself so she will make a good doula for me. Plus, she has an awesome huge spa bath which would come in handy. DP hates this solution though as he still has to work and will prolly only be able to get the week off that I am due. It is 5 hrs drive from here which doesnt make it easy.

Went to the doctors to book a scan to keep DP happy (I already know I am fine) and got the blood tests and whatever. I also got an unwelcome lecture about how first babies are all high risk and should be born under careful supervision and whatever. And this lecture came because I said I was looking for private care. I even mentioned private obs not midwives and still got the lecture. One visit and I already feel under pressure. After this scan I'm not going back till I am good and ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah! I hate the australian maternity system

I seriously considered freebirth because of the difficulty finding a homebirth middie, only reason i didnt was because DD was my first so i didnt *really* know what to expect.

I know i wont be moving to a town without a homebirth middie until im finished having kids!

If you went to newcastle you could possibly access a sydney middie too - only a 2hr drive and chances are your first labour will be longer than that, giving the middie time to travel.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are middies in port macquarie as well and its only a couple of hours. Am trying to get in contact with one who I hope will travel. The reason I was considering the newcastle area (maitland more than newcastle) is that my sister lives in maitland. I don't really have family anywhere else and I dont particularly want to give birth (nor can I afford to) in a motel or hotel. No middies down that way closer than sydney kinda throws a spoke in the works. The system really is stuffed right now.