+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help me find the time!

I'm trying to figure out where in my day to day life I can fit in at least an hour of excercise Mon-fri.

4:30am dp goes to work
    6am- 9am get up, get kids dressed, pack lunches, get kids teeth brush, fight traffic to get ds1 to school.
    9am - 11am housework and keeping an eye on ds2.
    11-11:30am get ds2 ready for preschool
    11:30-12pm drop ds2 at preschool except fridays
    12-2:30 Mon tues and Thursday I have classes other days I do groceries/pay bills or do appointments Friday ds2 has swimming lessons
    2:30-3:30 pick up kids, drive home
    3:30-5pm help ds1 with homework and reading, get the kids out of their uniforms (chore and a half!) Bathtime and pjs.
    5ish - 6pm cook dinner
    6-7pm- dp gets home
    7-8 eat dinner/family time
    8-8:30 dishes, get kids into bed, argue with kids to stay in bed.
    9:30ish kids pass out I get to shower and go to bed.

I don't have any excercise equipment at home and don't have the space/can't afford to either and every time I look at the list of how my day works it feels hopeless! By 9:30 I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open. Can anyone see where I could change some things to get some time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it possible on Fridays to join a gym with a crèche and take your DS along with you?
    Other than that I suggest looking at rent to buy equipment (my treddy is great and is $30 a fn), or maybe setting something up in the backyard or in your lounge room so you can watch your DS.
    Do laps around the yard, crunches, lunges and squats. Use paint tins or old milk bottles with sand or water as weights, buy exercise DVDs or Zumba, or even a wii fit.
    Even if you were to fit in half an hour every few days that's better than nothing!

Hope that's given you some suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks there's a couple in there I hadn't thought of. What's the zumba stuff worth do you know? I've heard its a great calorie burner. I have a Wii fit but the kids have broken the remotes lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Target have it available for $99 at the moment. I tried it a few times and even though I danced a lot when I was younger I felt really unco lol, great work out though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

pinkplease3  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try incorporating small bursts of fitness between the jazillion things you already do LOL

For example when you get out of bed do 20 burpees before you do anything else (ok maybe do a wee, full bladder, post kids and burpees might not mix) then as your making breakfast do 20 squats while waiting for kettle to boil or waiting for toast to pop etc then between paying bills and cleaning house you do do sit ups and push ups - so if your making beds make one bed do 20 situps, make next another 20 and so on ...

Can you park the car further away and walk some of the distance to pick them up and then walk back to the car? might take an extra 20mins but its doable

Drinking lots of water helps to not snack - when your busy its easy not to eat properly, also having healthy snacks handy - so you can just grab an apple or banana or a handful of nuts etc

Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    9-11am do a 30 min exercise DVD - Jillian Michaels or Michelle Bridges ones are great. My 3 yr old watches me or a DVD on the pc nearby. I do this before housework, it's more important! I just bought a 3 pack of DVDs at Big W for $35 and they are great, and you don't need much room.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    You could try incorporating small bursts of fitness between the jazillion things you already do LOL

For example when you get out of bed do 20 burpees before you do anything else
    Lol I know my days are nuts! If I was working I have no idea how I'd get anything done!

So...umm what's a burpee? if it's anything like a fartee I already do those when I wake up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkplease3 View Post
    Lol I know my days are nuts! If I was working I have no idea how I'd get anything done!

So...umm what's a burpee? if it's anything like a fartee I already do those when I wake up lol

Too hard to explain in a post- youtube or google it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    you tube is a great place to start for at home no equipment workouts, you could do them between 4.30 am and when the kids get up. I have just brought a treadmill to so i can make the most of that same time block after i get DH off to work and before the skids get up, getting it over and done with then means there are less things in the way, I feel better all day coz i know i have already ticked that box, instead of feeling guilty or worrying when i will fit it all in. During summer its much easier, more daylight hours for me to run outside but winter, DH working longer hours and homeschooling one child with 2 others at school or kindy, mornings are much much easier. also makes me make better food choices during the day coz i do not want to undo all my hard work.

Hiring or buying a treadmill, bike, crosstrainer is also a great idea..... if you check gumtree and ebay you can pick up some good bargains

also there is after school, take a ball to a local park and have a game of soccer/footy with the kids, my older two ( 13 &14 put up a fight about going but actually really enjoy it once they are there)