+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Toddler who won't ride in pram . What to do?

My 2 1/2 yr old won't ride in a pram ,she screams and I have to secure her with a houdini clip and she struggles and has a full blown tantrum every time I have to strap her in. I cannot let her walk most of the time as she runs off and I have 2 other kids to look after aswell.
    I let her ride in the trolley today and she took off in the shops and run out a door onto the main road but luckily she fell over before reaching the road.
    I don't want to take her shopping anymore as this is the situation every time and school pickups are a nightmare as I am standing there with a screaming child while the others sit quietly in their prams next to their mums.
    I have tried treats and snacks and toys but nothing is working and it gets so out of control I just don't know what to do anymore. Does anyone else have this problem? Or a solution?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have this problem too, and have resorted to letting DS have the dummy back, do you have an iPhone or something similar that she could play games on? I also have one of those monkey harnesses which is ok but only leaves one hand free and if you have other kids....

Its not easy when you have a runner Sorry I'm not much help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let her use the iPad but when she wants to get out then nothing matters and the iPad gets tossed. I think I will have to wait til she starts daycare again and save the shopping for those days and then we will both be happy thanks anyway it feels better that I am not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same problem with my DD. I just strap her in and give her her dummy (which I only use at bedtime) or one of those fruit squeezy packs..that usually shuts her up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww man my dd is only 11 months old and has been doing this for as long as I can remember I was hoping she would stop sometime soon!

To be honest I try do things for her during the day and only take her shopping or on long car trips if I have someone to help me (she hates being restrained at all)
    Car seat, pram, high chair you name it she hates it!

I try time her sleeps around using the pram and I late night shop when she is in bed to save myself the stress.

The one thing thats helped was the push along trike with the parent handle I can harness her in and she rides the bike when I get to school as close to the bell as possible too less waiting around!

Your DD is older than mine so maybe you could try positive praise and rewards...
    Maybe give her lots of good praise when she is doing the right thing!
    Like really over the top proud " oh my look how grown up DD is tofay she is
    Such a big girl sitting nicely while we go ..... Or Im so happy with you your sitting beautifully and Im having a good time shopping with you! she'll prob try please you more by behaving hopefully

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub