+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I've been considering this for when baby 2'comes along. Dd will only be 2 1/2! Thought it would make life so much easier but DH is against it and everyone else seems really negative about it. Theyre all saying its like treating your child like a dog. I don't see the problem personally. Think it will make life much easier, she will be happier rather than in a pram - and she'll be safe!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought one for DD but the first time I put it on her and she tried to run off so I pulled her back, to heel haha, she fell on her bum and screamed.

I felt so cruel I never used it again and luckily she never really ran off on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't got one yet but will definitely be getting one soon, don't actually care what other people think, don't like them don't use one!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

mad house mumma  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes DS has had one since he was 16 months and ran off in Bunnings. Those were the 5 most scary minutes of my life
    He has a monkey one and absolutely hated it in the beginning, which I anticipated.
    I started putting the backpack on him at home, without the lead. He could just walk around with it and get used to the feeling of having a bit of weight on his back. Then I would take him to the shops and let him stand in a trolley with the backpack on his back and still no lead.
    Then I started to let him walk in the shops with the lead attached and we haven't had a problem in well over a year. He actually loves his monkey. It's on the backseat and he always wants to cuddle it when he sees it

I have had quite a few positive remarks from people. Especially older people saying they wished they had something like that in their childbearing days.
    I also have had a lot of people say to DS: "Hey, did you know there's a monkey on your back?"
    I have only had 2 people giving me their negative feedback, telling me I am treating my child like an animal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    Yeah I've been considering this for when baby 2'comes along. Dd will only be 2 1/2! Thought it would make life so much easier but DH is against it and everyone else seems really negative about it. Theyre all saying its like treating your child like a dog. I don't see the problem personally. Think it will make life much easier, she will be happier rather than in a pram - and she'll be safe!!
    They also happen to be really cute too. It's not like its a plain leather leash or something. They're soft cuddly animals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd2 loves hers. She has a moo cow backpack as she calls it and always wants to wear it as she doesn't like holding my hand. She does not run away so We only use it a busy place like the show where you can't see them even if they only take 1 step away. It's more like a find her line!! I often find her putting it on at home and giving the cows tail to her sister to hold for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have a panda and a bear dd used it all the time up till 6 months ago when she went back into the pram but i have started using it on ds4 since he hates being in te pram at times now i always said i will never use on but ds1 ran off on me in target 1 day when he was 15months old and i had ds2 in the pram it was the worse 5 mins of my life i have never been so scared and went and brought one there and then and have used it for all of tem every since

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found a really cute Elmo one on eBay. Have just ordered it so we'll have it for our overseas holiday. DD is obsessed with Elmo at the moment so I really don't think it will bother her and stuff what other people think!