+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I just remembered I borrowed my friends backpack one for DD when she was 2 and we went to Indy on the Gold Coast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep i use one.
    i find treats work too.

I will hand her tiny teddies for being a good girl.

I also find its better around the neck when expecting obedience, beryl responds quicker to a quick choke.

ok ok i am kidding.
    but yes i have used it when going overseas and was a godsend in frankfurt airport!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (14-05-2012),WorkingClassMum  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't really like them, but my son was in the pram a lot during the running stage, and as he got older he ran, but not on the road, plus I could chase him, if need be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't use one because most of the time ds is good around roads and doesn't run off,

But when it comes to your children's safety then leash them up in my opinion I would rather see a child with a leash than a child getting hit by a car

Thanks
    Reviews
    I very rarely take my DD's out in public by myself anymore but I have used the backpack harnesses. As they want to get out of the pram and will work themselves up if I don't take them out.
    Cruel? Dog-like?
    Don't really care, I have TWO 3 year olds who are BOTH runners and have tried to run onto the road.
    Their safety is more important than strangers opinions.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Mod-Zeddie  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep, we used one as soon as we moved to Sydney, buses trains and busy roads everywhere. My DS loved it, he had a monkey back pack.
    My thinking was that it was unfair to have him strapped into a pram for safety when he was quite able to walk and get the exercise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your responses.

I've decided I'm going to get one. I like the idea of the wrist to wrist strap so will look for that.

Until she understands the danger factor of running off, it's just not worth the risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I had one since my ds wanted to walk and wouldn't sit in the pram. He was ( and still is) a runner and he didn't mind wearing it. He would have it on and hand me the strap "here mum" better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a backpack one when we started going to the zoo a lot, dd gets excited & runs to the animals. I chose a backpack over the wrist strap so she could have both her hands free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep we have one. We call it 'monkey', (it's a monkey backpack), and ds1 loves it. We only use it for places like Westfield or going on trains, and the 'leash' is always slack.. I think he likes the security as much as I like it.

He is nearly 2.5, I bought it this time last year, but he wasn't ready for it and kept falling over because of it. At that stage I didn't like it as it really did feel like I had a dog that I had to control, but now, it's the best thing ever.

If you had asked me my opinion 5 years ago I would have said that I think they are disguisting and a sign of bad parents. How times change.