+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you use a baby harness?

Hi there

I don't like using the word 'leash' but thats what I mean. Do you put one on your toddler?

I have 2 under 2, and the 28mo ran away from me in Myer yesterday and for a terrifying 5 minutes, I couldn't find her. I had all Myer staff helping me look and she was found happily watching tv in the electrical section.

It got me seriously considering buying one - but she's almost 2.5 - is this too old? I feel like as she starts to approach 3, she should be 'getting' that she can't run away as she might be hurt or lost. Am I expecting too much?

Would love to hear your experiences and points of view.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a pink fluffy dog one my DD is 14 months. It's all great in theory but they aren't really like dogs where they go the wrong way so u yank them and along they come back to ur heel iykwim? She just wears it for fun now - she's a bit of a weirdo so its a great soft toy backpack but as far as a leash goes I'm not actually sold! Maybe if it had one of those 5m extender leashes hrmmm ponder! Haha

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I use one. But just as a back up if they let go of my hand and try to bolt! So I'd have it on them and put the handle/loop around my wrist and hold their hand. They are so quick so it helps to have them attached in a way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I walk my son to daycare and he wears a teddy bear backpack harness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will be trying to use dd1 s backpack/ leash more after today as she ran off and nearly ran onto a busy road but it is hard if they don't want to wear it as it reminds me of walking the dogs and them straining against the leash. I have seen some wrist bands with a strap and I am thinking of trying one of those also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought one for my 3 yr old son he's very sneaky and likes to wonder off and has nearly ran on the road a few months back but he refused to wear it my 2 yr old dd on the other hand loves it

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one I brought was a bear one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been thinking of getting one for 13 month old DS. He wants to walk everywhere but won't always hold my hand. I'm thinking of one of the wrist strap ones. I saw them at mothercare for $5.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, we have a dog backpack harness. I have to say that I am very pro harness and definitely recommend them because toddlers are unpredictable and I don't want DS to get hit by a car etc. DS actually loves his harness and asks for it to be put on "doggy, back". He holds my hand too, but with a newborn as well it's much more reassuring to have the harness as a back up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is 22 months, but I will be using it until he can be obedient and if that doesn't happen until he's five then it's his own doing, lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to betherina For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (14-05-2012)