+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard the bleach theory too.

The amount you have to put in the bath is so small that it resembles chlorinated water from a swimming pool.

I think that it how they originally found out it worked, because they noticed the eczema on children was improving when were swimming in chlorinated swimming pools.

My son had terrible eczema all over his body. I had to use celestone until it cleared up. Once it was totally gone I could stop using it and now I just have to make sure his skin stays moisturised by using QV bath oil and sorbolene everyday. He occasionally has a flare up, but it is usually easily treated with Dermaid which is available over the counter I didn't end up having to resort to the bleach baths, but would try it if nothing else worked

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor has suggested the same to me twice, mix one cap of bleach to 10 caps of water & wipe down the eczema. Like most, was shocked by the suggestion. Haven't tried it but may if all else fails & we get desperate, i read from others on this site recommendations of coconut oil & flaxseed oil so will give those methods a try before the diluted bleach option.
    Last edited by Tweety123; 10-08-2012 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There was a study to support it...but only if the eczema was the cause of a secondary infection. And it was done on a very small group, about 30 I believe.
    I don't think I'd try it. DD had eczema as a bub, managed it with cortisone for big flare ups and daily moisturizers like hemp cream and marigold cream. I also made a cream from a jojoba base cream with lavender and German chamomile which did wonders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are happy with our doctor thanks. Like is said its not the first time I'd heard about making 1:10 solution, so whatever works & parents feel comfortable trying. We didn't try it, nor resorted to cortisone cream. We found an all natural product online, maybe you might like it try it? It's worked wonders for our little bub (www.queenbeesecrets.com).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bleach baths are recommended by various paediatricians for eczema relief, including ours, a highly respected allergist and expert in eczema. We have not had to to this with our DS but if required I would not hesitate. Managing eczema is far more important for a childs health than not managing if for fear of using bleach or steroids. The benefits outweigh the risks.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Lumpy Melon  (22-09-2012),Rachie81  (22-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies just thought I would pop in and note that Mrs Flannerys and some pharmacies sell a natural product called Moo Goo it is supposed to be fantastic for eczema and psoriasis and I imagine would be far less harsh on the skin.