+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I have quite bad eczema and have never heard of bleach but it dose sound interesting tho. I found Aveeno really good they have a body wash and moisturizer. I also got the liquid filled capsules of rose hip oil pierced the shells and rubbed that directly on to my eczema flare ups. It's more moisturizing than moisturizer if that makes sence :/. I am sure you know this already but I also try and "air" my skin as much as possible. I am addicted to leggings and tights under everything due to scarring however the hotter and sweater I get the worse the itching. Beach water is also awesome. On top of this tho when it gets really bad my doc has me on diprozone (sp?) which is a strong steroid cream and unfortunately will be using it on and off forever. I didn't know people didn't have it forever ? :/ hope this helps. I would see another doc if your not happy with this ones answer. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughters skin is at its best when she swims everyday in saltwater pool in summer. You can also get an non script cream over the counter at the pharmacy if you feel its needed.

Sent from my GT-P7320T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg please don't use bleach on ur child I've have heard of it being a eczema cure but please avoid it u can get cortisone creams over the counter and I'm almost positive when u see another gp they will give u a script for a stronger one if needed. The chemicals they put in bleach is actually illegal in some countries but seeing as our government doesn't have a body that polices this we all need to use our own common sense do some research on what is actually in it and the affect these nastys can cause and there is no way you'd put it on your own skin let alone your child. Good luck hope u find someone or something that will help

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andi84 For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (11-05-2012),loumia  (11-05-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have just been oficially diagnosed through a biopsy that I have dermatitis/eczema after suffering with an 'unknown cause' for over 2 years!

I have been put on a good cream now (Advantan Fatty Ointment), but before that I would, and did, try anything!
    I never would have thought of using bleach, but it sounds like it does the job.
    I personally would'nt use it though, but that's because my eczema is on my face, and I don't know how I feel about bleach on my face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am going to just have to do some research on the use of bleach. I dont understand how it can be good, especially if there is a high possibility it may be swallowed (bath water) by an infant.

I wont be using "pool salt" i will try sea salt though.

I like the suggestion of oats in a stocking in the bath thankyou.

I dont think this gp needs to be reported. I think he needs to brush up on his people skills.

Off to do some research on all of this now.
    Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may have over reacted, probably because of my own bad experiences with a couple of doctors, but there are some that really should be reported and no-one ever does and they keep giving people bad advice. Anyway turns out this time it's not the case, so my apologies to anyone who was offended by my comments!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I personally just went swimming in a chlorinated pool which helped my various dermatitises better than any cortisone creams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, salt is one thing but bleach *seems pretty crazy but if its safe (is it safe?!) then if it works, great!

Incidentally, TRY COCONUT OIL!! From your health food store. Put some in the bath every night, then rub it on a few times a day. It has literally cleared my sons persistant eczema up in only 3 days! Seriously!

Also, for my DS the beach is a trigger, because his eczema is worst on his feet and the sand is too abrasive and makes it red raw and then really dry the next day. Not sure but I also think our pool makes it worse or no different, couldn't say I've ever noticed it make it better. But its all worth a try if its not dangerous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds was in hosp with bad infected excema. He was on 3 diff creams 3 times a day and a bleach bath too. It cleared up with in a week. My understanding was the bleach was to kill the infection in the excema. Hip skin has been lovely ever since. Btw his bleach bath would only last
    5 mins then out. Cleans the bath tub well too lol good luck op, hope you can find a solution that works for you.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found it
    The stuff ds paediatrition prescribed is called betnovate 1/2 ointment. Works like magic

Sent from my GT-S5660 using BubHub