+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First cycle off the pill...no AF?!

Hi all,

I was just wanting to get some advice, and hear from people who may have had the same sort of experience.

I went off the pill at the beginning of April (had withdrawl bleed from 2/4), after being on it for 7 years, but since then AF has not showed up. It is now almost 2 weeks late. I have taken HPT and its BFN, went to the doctor because I needed to get results of pre-pregnancy blood tests, and she got really excited and so did a BT, but that was negative too. DH and I were so excited initially because we thought I was UTD, but obviously not.

So obviously, I'm not pregnant, but I was just wondering what other people's experience was with coming off the pill? How long did it take AF to come and for your cycle to become regular? I know it takes a while for your body to start producing hormones, and it can take a while to regulate. Before the pill my cycles were really regular, so its freaking me out that AF hasn't showed yet!

Any help or experiences would be appreciated
    Thanks ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whe i firt came off the pill (from having been on it for 8 years) i didnt get a period for about 6 weeks. I too had bloods done as i thought i was UTD.
    It takes a while for some women to start ovulating again (as you havent for a LONG time) and as you no, no ovulation, no AF.
    Dont worry she'll turn up. If you havent had a period after 2 months i make a docs appointment.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

onlyjuststarting  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Exactly what Jenni said. I haven't been on the pill that long but I'd say you either haven't ovulated yet (though speak to your doctor, they can do blood tests to check for it) or you ovulated late and AF is on her way. Watch out for signs of ovulation like EWCM and ovary pain and try and DTD every three days because you might still catch the egg if you're yet to ovulate. It'd probably be easier if you waited till your next cycle which would hopefully be back to normal, though.

Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

onlyjuststarting  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Exactly what they said. I stopped the pill at end of march. Prior to going on the pill my cycles were always 28 days. Since coming off it, it was 27 days first month, and 24 days second month. Makes it a little difficult to predict ovulation. I hope AF rocks up soon, or you get BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi :-)

I went off the pill in January and it took till may to come back! Hopefully yours doesn't take as long!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I started temping as soon as I was off the pille. First cycle was too inconsistent for FF to determine if I O'd. But cycle was 30 days.
    I just finished my 2d cycle off the pill, and it was 27 days + I O'd on CD15 :-)

I'm sure everything will get back to normal for you very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As im sure others have said ( i havent read all responses) it can take a few months for your cycle to "relax" after coming off the pill.

Mine is a positive story. I stopped my pill on September 27th 2012. I never got a withdrawal bleed.. or a period... I was mucking around with OPK's approx 20 - 30th October 2012 thinking... Whats the point? I need a period first to Ovulate! One night at 6pm i randomly got a double line on the OPK (both lines were the same colour. known as a strong positive)... 4 weeks post pill by this time... WTF. A Positive OPK.. when i should have been getting a period??

7th November 2012, Melbourne Cup Day .. 6 weeks post bill, Not a single day of spotting. WHEN THE F IS MY PERIOD COMING??? I WANT TO START TRYING FOR A BABY... BFP. Bang. I never had a period etc when coming off the pill and am currently 31 weeks pregnant.

Hang in there. You may just have not ovulated yet .. This cycle isnt over until Aunt Flo comes to town.