+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    For sure. Boobs = sex. According to society.
    It's true, and I think that's why I had a squeamish reaction to the picture.

I think it's partly because we BF for such a short period of time in our lives (if at all). For the rest of the time we do tend to view them that way. We often wear nice underwear, get bombarded with imagery (ads/ films/ etc/) and for a lot of people they are a source of (s*xual) pleasure.

So I can understand why we see them that way, and why some of us find it hard to switch off that thinking when we have kids.

I struggle with it. I wish there was an easy 'now they're for kids' 'now they're for me again' switch in our brains!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fichicken View Post
    If the child is happy and the mummy is happy then I don't see a problem and its not revolting what s revolting is some peoples attitudes towards long term breastfeeding. Its a lovely thing to do for your child if you are able to
    This!! No one is in a position to judge what another parent does (unless of course the child is in danger). Time magazine got the reaction they wanted, it's all about sales am money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    And this is my point. Why have a discussion on what another parent chooses to do with their own child? Why is everyone so quick to give their opinion on something that has no impact on themselves, nor their family? It boggles my mind.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub
    Really? It boggles your mind? Come on I'm sure you have been here long enough to know that it's 50% of all bubhub discussion what other people do.

Anyway final note do what you want its not my life I have a point of view you are entitled to yours.
    Not my cup of tea but you might drink yours differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Not my cup of tea but you might drink yours differently.
    oooh I like that

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (11-05-2012),Janesmum123  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just find it annoying that it's ok to say (even on tv) that extended breastfeeding is wrong, revolting, only for the mum, creepy and so on, but god forbid anyone say that giving formula to babies is wrong, creepy or selfish and they would be crucified!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunbun For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (11-05-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (11-05-2012),Sheer Bliss  (11-05-2012),wrena  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunbun View Post
    I just find it annoying that it's ok to say (even on tv) that extended breastfeeding is wrong, revolting, only for the mum, creepy and so on, but god forbid anyone say that giving formula to babies is wrong, creepy or selfish and they would be crucified!
    That's what I was thinking, and they should be crucified if they said something so insensitive about formula feeding babies. Seems mums who feed older toddlers are fair game.

Formula feeding isn't for me, I'd never formula feed - but do I think or say anything negative about mothers who do for whatever reason? Absolutely not! I couldn't imagine calling someone creepy or whatnot.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

EmilyJane  (11-05-2012),Etienne  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think a lot of people would argue that formula at that age (older toddlers) should no longer be necessary.

The 'creepy' part doesn't apply, as it's not about the 'food' but the 'delivery' that freaks some people out with BF-ing at that age.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Sunshinemoonlight  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why can't everyone just realise that some people agree some don't !!! We all have different opinions about extended feeding (& a million other topics) so be it!!!

Either way people have the right to their thoughts and opinions

As I said earlier I don't agree with it but doesn't mean I am hating on the women that do it- each to there own

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Phew! For a moment there I thought that someone had made it to the front page of a mag who wasn't stunningly beautiful!

I used to think bf'ing beyond about 9 months was weird, but time on BH has opened my mind to realise that it's normal, natural and should be encouraged.

My reaction to the photo? I just think "so what?" It's sad that it could even be considered contraversial. What could be more normal than consuming human milk?
    The photo has been used to ultimately sell copies of the mag by being contraversial - not only by the photo but by the text (which annoys me far more than using the photo and topic of extended bf to sell mags). It seems to be working...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Benji  (11-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absouletely! I have never once seen an advertisment for extended breastfeeding, TBH I have never seen a TV advertisment for breastfeeding period. But I am always seeing advertisments on toddler formula. From what media and society project off to others, of course people are going to start coming up with ridiculous opinions, there will never be a win/win solution for either party, would be much easier for everyone to accept each others choices and move on!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Mod-Zeddie  (11-05-2012)