+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
    Exactly this. I was sitting here waiting for it to be said. Replace sucking with "feeding" and your sentence is pointless.
    You know a thread has gone to poo when people are playing semantics over a word.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    You know a thread has gone to poo when people are playing semantics over a word.
    It wouldn't be BH then would it.

It is relevant in this discussion actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it any wonder women are afraid to BF women(and men) are so nasty and push their beliefs onto others making them feel their choices are wrong! It is a personal choice and everyone else needs to mind their own business. I was actually a member of a forum dedicated to parents who extend feed(an 8yo even) among other things our image conscious society finds inappropriate and abnormal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyflossfairy For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Girl X it's not so much the "it makes me feel awkward" comments that upset me but the "it's not necessaryin our society". Not necessary for who? YOU and YOUR child? Or it's revolting. Or she's doing it wrong. Or mothers only do it for their own gain.

Reading this AFTER reading things like it being child abuse, pedophilia, disgusting, sickening...the list goes on...is just depressing.

I cannot imagine how FF mothers would feel if they were told "it's just not necessary in our society", it's abuse, it's revolting, I don't need to see it etc...because that's what we have to put up with and it makes me and many others feel sh!t.
    I understand. I haven't made those comments (beyond the awkward ones), and I do think it's an individual choice thing, but I think the vast majority in this thread have supported the image. Most of the nasty comments were on the article itself, rather than in this thread.

Unfortunately formula feeders do cop very similar comments too. There really is no winning it seems. We all say we should support each other, but we often don't support those with different opinions. (Not aimed at anyone specific).

We all have to just do what we feel is best.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    FF mothers are made to feel like they are the scum of the earth most of the time. That they are feeding their babies poison. I know this as I had to stop giving DS BM at 4mo.
    I copped so much grief I felt like the worst mother in the world.

In saying this, I also felt uncomfortable BF in public. Mainly due to my breasts being so full I used to squirt milk everywhere and DS would constantly fall off and I'd have so much milk going down my top too. I didn't really want anyone to witness that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    FF mothers are made to feel like they are the scum of the earth most of the time. That they are feeding their babies poison. I know this as I had to stop giving DS BM at 4mo.
    I copped so much grief I felt like the worst mother in the world.
    I know I see it too. And it's so very wrong. I'm only using formula as an example to try to help people understand how a mother who breastfeeds an older child feels because they cop similar criticisms. Actually I'd guess more. At worst....pedophile I'm just trying to get people to empathise with how it feels to be judged so harshly for doing something you feel is best for your little one.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I know I see it too. And it's so very wrong. I'm only using formula as an example to try to help people understand how a mother who breastfeeds an older child feels because they cop similar criticisms. Actually I'd guess more. At worst....pedophile I'm just trying to get people to empathise with how it feels to be judged so harshly for doing something you feel is best for your little one.
    For you Benji http://www.drmomma.org/2009/08/top-b...g-slogans.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Thanks - love it! Love the 'I make something that kills cancer'. Have been reading about that lately, it's really fascinating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    ROFL I love this one

IF breastfeeding is sexual, then a bottle is a dildo!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the pictures don't really do the extended breastfeeding/ attachment parenting any justice at all. I personally think it's a wonderful thing to feed your child into toddlerhood, if I could have done it I definitely would have.... But..... There's no love in the photos. Theres no smiling like it's enjoyable, just a really blank look. Especially the first photo.
    I think it's been staged to look awkward and unnatural which is a horrible shame. I guess it's meant to be thought provoking but it looks quite cold and distant.